• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
couple of pics that i have took the past few days..i love the first one!!
yellowfin2.jpg

yellowfin.jpg

yellowfin3.jpg

yellowtang21.jpg

redfin12.jpg

Jacky W

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiroyuki Tanaka":21fkxlmu said:
Jacky W,

It is a female of Cirrhilabrus species (probably unnamed) from Kenya and adjacent waters.

It seems close to rubriventralis, morrisoni and joanallenae.

It would be named by Allen soon with several specimens sent by me.

Thx a lot.

She comes form a Kenya/East Africa shipment, just hope I can find the male one :lol:

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats on that..it is a very neat wrasse for sure..i have since switched to a more blue light and he is out all the time..one of the first to eat..that fish has done really good for me and my buddy has one too with his fairys and said the same about his seems to be pretty hardy for us

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much. I am very happy to have such a fish name.

Wetmorella tanakai was named by Randall & Kuiter, 2007 in aqua 13 (1), Italy. I sent two specimens to Jack Randall early this year, for he wanted to obtain aquarium specimens to describe. Jack first thought that a spcimen from Flores was another new species but it was identical to those from Sulawesi, Indonesia. My specimens were shipped from Sulawesi and were around 50-55mm and used as paratypes (one of them is here).

Attachments

• WetmorellaTanakai50mmParaty.jpg
    WetmorellaTanakai50mmParaty.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 3,633

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is so cool that the fish is named after you..i would be very proud of that for sure...i have a joanallenae coming in or so i am told we will see if it is that or rubriventralis..but my guy say it has all black ventral so if that is the case it should be joanallene right??..also have you ever seen the C. Katoi in the trade??..that and the c. sanguineus are my two dream fairys to own
lineatus1-3.jpg

laboutei4.jpg

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, and I am very glad.

C. katoi has never entered the aquarium trade yet.

C. joanallenae has totally black pelvic fins so you may have that species soon.

C. sanguineus is very rarely seen at shops in Japan.

All The Best, Hiroyuki

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Matt. I feel very happy.

Today I got two unusual dottybacks directly from Okinawa. The shop will sell and ship live fishes to any area of Japan.

1. Pseudochromis species, 35mm. It is NOT Pictichromis porphyrea. See the reddish markings on gill cover and caudal peduncle. It seems to be unnamed. It is known from the Okinawa region as far as I know.

2. Pseudochromis striatus Gill, Shao et Chen, 1995[Pseudochromidae], 35mm. It comes from the Philippines, Taiwan and s. Okinawa (Ishigaki and Iriomote Islands), and dwells at the depths between 9-37 meters or more. I have never seen it alive but fortunateley I could have got this rarity.

Attachments

• PStriatus35mm-1.jpg
    PStriatus35mm-1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 3,424
  • PsSp3.jpg
    PsSp3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3,438

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got some really nice pics of my laboutei displaying to my lineatus today..the past week or so he has really showed alot more aggression and displaying to the lineatus but the lineatus still rules this kingdom..but it had been fun to watch them display and know fighting or nipping at each other just a little color show!!! the first pic is by far my favorite that i have got of my laboutei
laboutei10.jpg

laboutei-1.jpg

laboutei9-1.jpg

laboutei11.jpg

laboutei5-2.jpg

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you Hiroyuki..trying to catch him doing that is so hard as i am sure you know..also that fish that was to be joanallenae was a rubriventralis..so i did not get it i already have one of those in one tank

Jacky W

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Hiroyuki,

Another new imported species, I can't find its information..... :?:

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3,112
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 3,115
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,118

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think that is joanallenae i was to get one last week but it did not come in...it has black pelvic fins like joanallenae..and i shop that is near me had one likr that one time and was selling as that but i am no expert...what ever it is...it is a very pretty fish for sure i love that black dorsal fin

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jacky W,

It is a differently colored fish from joanallenae. Once Scott Michael sent me photos of a similar individual and it was identified as joanallenae by Jack Randall several years ago, but yours has NO filamentous tip from dorsal fin, the D fin is higher, and it is very unusual for joanallenae.

It might be an undescribed one and do you know its locality of collection ? How about its size ? Keep me informed.

Very interesting and many thanks for your information. I will post email soon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: