• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have never seen them called that before...but there are so many common names for some of these wrasses...all i have ever seen was yellow fin fairy...very neat fish..he displays alot just can't snap a good shot of it

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a new pic of my possum wrasse...he is out all the time now and eats anything...he knows when i feed and is the first to get to the food...has been a great fish so far..nobody bothers him and he does not bother any other fish

Attachments

• possum1.jpg
    possum1.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 5,597

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, all. Nice pics all the time.

Here is a new discovery at the yacht harbor. It was an adult Emperor Angelfish, 20 cm long. It was seen for just five minutes before my eyes... an incredible sight, because I stood at the wall before the surface without entering the water. The depth of water is some 4 meters, and it was swimming between 50cm and 3 meters depth.

Attachments

• PoImperator20cm-09-10.jpg
    PoImperator20cm-09-10.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 5,528

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought i would show this nice pic of my yellow fin getting a clean job done by the good old shrimp...he sat there and let him get a good inspection...i tried to get one more shot of it but was not quick enough!!!

Attachments

• yellowfinfairy11.jpg
    yellowfinfairy11.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 5,500
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the pictures that you take from your local coast Tanaka-san. Pretty amazing that you have such amazing marine life on your doorstep! My wife and I may have to visit Miyazaki-ken at some point (though I may have to invent another reason to visit).

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thakns for your comment.

Yes, I hope snybody to visit our sites, and this season seems the best to see and even catch tropicals at coasts in Miyazaki. I can see many of them at the harbor from June to the beginning of November.

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a male of Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus from Vanuatu with a different coloration. Usually Vanuatu males have a yellow body with a red head (from Efate Island, northern Vanuatu). This specimens probably comes from Tanna Island, southern part. It is still a young male, 7cm.

Attachments

• CBV2.jpg
    CBV2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 5,386

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you Hiroyuki...i have spent alot of time and pics trying to get a nice looking shot of him displaying..i wish he would get more of the green color that males get but i am pretty sure he is a sub male..am i wrong or not??..but i am sure you know how hard it is to catch that moment!!..i thought i would also show you a pic of my temmenickii that was changing sex..here is a pic from 2 months ago he has really come along more but he is so small and fast hard to catch a nice pic of him
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/526 ... incki1.jpg

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the nice pics.

I got a rarity Hemiulis rubricephalus, Redhead Wrasse from Indonesia, male 11cm long. Quite beautiful.

Attachments

• HalRubricephal11cm.jpg
    HalRubricephal11cm.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4,512

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: