• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is Melibe japonica that is rarely seen in its natural habitat, but several specimens only recently were observed in some localities in southern Japan.

It is marvelous that I saw three individuals at the same time. It is endemic to Japan and will reach 60- 70 cm !

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I found a very beautiful fish at the surface in the yacht harbor in Miyazaki, southern Japan where I will visit two or three times a week.

It is Chelidonichthys spinosus, more than 20 cm long. A deeper-dwelling fish that ranges Japanese waters, Taiwan and Korea. It ususally dwells below 25 meters, but I could see it at the depth of 2 meters there. It has gorgeous fins and is a very good eating and rather expensive. It can grow to 40 cm.

Attachments

• ChelidonichthysSpinosus20cm.jpg
    ChelidonichthysSpinosus20cm.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 7,045

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice selection and photograph.

It is one of the undescribed Cirrhilabrus I have told. It occurs in Fiji and Tonga. I wonder who has collected many specimens in Tonga.

HELLYEAH

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiroyuki Tanaka":23g8hv8o said:
A nice selection and photograph.

It is one of the undescribed Cirrhilabrus I have told. It occurs in Fiji and Tonga. I wonder who has collected many specimens in Tonga.

i have 1 male and 2 females, the exporter from Tonga called them c.bathiphylus. really nice fish .

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a shot of my laboutti i took today..he was displaying like crazy and had some shot of him with just is front 2/3 of his dorsal up...he did that when he was going after another fish but they were too blury..but got this nice shot!!

Attachments

• fairywrasse1.jpg
    fairywrasse1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 6,586

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks H. Tanaka...i hope that my picture taking skills get as good as yours...i got a new Nikon and still trying to learn everything on it!!

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a shot of my lineatus i got today...every time i see him display i do not have my cammera handy...i will put a end to that and leave it in the room with the tank with hopes of catching that!!!..but still a very pretty wrasse when not displaying

Attachments

• lineatus2.jpg
    lineatus2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 6,521

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got this guy not too long ago to repalce one of my flashers that died...i just love him...forgot how pretty the small fairy wrasses are

Attachments

• yellowfinfairy4.jpg
    yellowfinfairy4.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 5,890

HELLYEAH

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wrasseguy123":75t60nvx said:
i got this guy not too long ago to repalce one of my flashers that died...i just love him...forgot how pretty the small fairy wrasses are

I think that called a millenium wrasse i got mine from bali.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: