• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a c. rubrisquamis i have seen it called red velvet and rosy scales fairy wrasse...if you like that color you need to see it when displaying it turns all white and the head is bright purple..very very pretty...my lfs can get them pretty often so i don't think they are that hard to get

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few new pics that I got. I still can not get a good one of the rubrisquamis displaying but can't wait for that pic. I let him out of the specimen cup last night and he made a line straight to where the yellowfin sleeps. It was WW3 for a few minutes and after things calmed down some i got a few pics. The rubrisquamis has moved his way up the chain as one of the most dominat fairys I have next to the lineatus. The condes is doing fine also and is kinda on the bottom of the totem pole but has held his own..now on to the new pics
redvelvet2-2.jpg

redvelvet-2.jpg

condesandredvelvet.jpg

condes.jpg

redvelvet-1.jpg

redvelvet1-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, need to have one of these now. What's the going rate for one?

Peace,

Chip

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $60 for mine but I have seen them as much as $150. Most of the time i see them around $75- $100. Here are a few more pics the first one turned out nice. I just can't get the one of the display to come out. They are either blury or he is not in the pic at all..very very hard to catch.
redvelvet7.jpg

redvelvet8.jpg

redvelvet6.jpg

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought i would post thes two pics of the condes with its fins spread..i have not been able to get a nice crisp shot of this but these were the best two i got you can get the idea..still working on getting a pic that is nice and clear
condes5.jpg

condes6.jpg

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well here is the best pic that i have got so far of the red velvet displaying and these did not come out very well...he has been so hard to get just way too fast but you can get the idea what it looks like..also a couple more of the conde's
redvelvet2-3.jpg

redvelvet1-3.jpg

condes1-1.jpg

condes-2.jpg

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a couple more bad pics will try to get better ones of the conde's displaying..he has been doing it more out in front now and is starting to swim up higher in the tank with the other wrasses also..so getting a better pic should not be too hard..or at least i hope
condes3-1.jpg

condes2-1.jpg

redvelvet3-3.jpg

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
afterm my tang killed my last mandarin i was looking for a nice healthy one to replace it..so after getting the yellow out i got this new female
mandarin2-1.jpg

mandarin3-1.jpg

mandarin4-1.jpg

mandarin-2.jpg

plus i got this new chalk bass...wish i would have got a few more
chalkbass-1.jpg

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this sweet new flasher wrasse..the laboutei has been displaying some to it so might have a problem there but he is like that to any fish excepet the lineatus..and there is never any fin nipping just displaying but the ne flasher is in its specimen cup now and i will keep him in there for a few days..has shown some really sweet color and was flashing alot at the store..they had it for a month and i kept my eye on it..well here is the new p. filamentosus..filament flasher wrasse
filament.jpg

filament1.jpg

filament2.jpg

filament3.jpg

filament4.jpg

filament5.jpg

filament6.jpg

wrasseguy123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since moving the laboutei out of the tank the conde's has been displaying alot more and at times has shown some crazy colors..turning almost all silver..have not been able to catch this as it only last a few secs...but it is sweet
conde7.jpg

conde5.jpg

conde3.jpg

conde4-1.jpg

plus new sweet little lubbocks..one if the most underated fairys out there imo
lubbocks1-1.jpg

lubbocks-2.jpg

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, LEN. I was very busy with various tasks on fishes.

Here is a new Cirrhilabrus from Vanuatu. It is apparently a male, 95mm TL, and has a distinct coloration on side. It is a variation of C. bathyphilus but has a red band tapeing toward tail.

Attachments

• cBathy-95ww.jpg
    cBathy-95ww.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,487

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been treated as Cirrhilabrus punctatus and now it is called C. beauperryi. It has a blue belly in both males and females (except tiny juvenules that have a white abdomen).

It comes from eastern Papua New Guinea and Solomons (Allen, et al, 2008) but the species also is recorded from (Holmes Reef the Great Barrier Reef), and Banda Sea (e. Indonesia).

Attachments

• cBeauperryi80mmBlue-1w.jpg
    cBeauperryi80mmBlue-1w.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,487

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has an unusual coloration for dimidiatus (75mm from Vanuatu). The yellow covers more of side. A quite beautiful addition, and it accepts foods well.

Attachments

• LDimidi75mmVan.jpg
    LDimidi75mmVan.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,487

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a juvenile (4cm) of Lates japonicus, endemic 'Japanese Snook' at surface of a small yacht harbor in Miyazaki City.

It grows to over 200 cm (230 kg) at maximum. Anlers wished to catch it sometime ago, but it now is in the Red List; nobody is allowed to collect or keep it.

The species is endemic to Japan, and will be found only in Miyazaki, Kochi, Wakayama, and Kagoshima (all Pacific coasts of southern Japan).

It was attacking small fishes when I found it there. A very rare species at present.

Attachments

• LatesJaponicus4cm(4).jpg
    LatesJaponicus4cm(4).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,485

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much, Mike.

This is the young stage of Lates japonicus, 17 cm TL. It was kept by Prof.-Dr. of Miyazaki University.

The species has red eyes in any stage.

Attachments

• LatesJaponicus17cmAq.jpg
    LatesJaponicus17cmAq.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,436

clarionreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just caught one of these in Mexico.
I found some ages ago and re-found em 2 weeks ago.
They have never been in the trade.
Serranus soccorensis ...one in hand now!
Steve

Attachments

• socorro basslet.jpg
    socorro basslet.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,389

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve,

Thanks for the pic of rare fish species.

You are very active ! I think that you will be absent from your home in most of the year (?)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: