• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Coralife 2 stage RO unit. needs new media.

3" Dogface Puffer.
Must goto a good home.

If you wanna drive out to northport to pick it up, their yours.

Will have to happen most likely on Friday.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
If anyone out there collects different kinds of critters I would donate one to your collection. It is a tube worm with the tube about 1/4 inch inch diameter. It is attached to a dead candy cane. It send out lines, waits awhile till stuff sticks to it and then reels it in and eats the line and anything that stuck to it. I have had it a couple months.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
This picture is not mine but my tube is very similar except mine is longer and curves. But that is just a matter of how long the worm has been around. The fishing lines that he sends out are thin to see in a picture. They are like spider threads. This is not a pretty critter just interesting.

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 227

tsinkoy

loopy newbie
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
does he need a lot of light? My 75 G FOWLR is in need of interesting critters. I only have one ocellaris in there. What does it eat?

I'll take it if it's compatible with my not-so-populated tank.

Arrg

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey just for a heads up I would advise against those "tube worms" They are really a type of snail I used to have a few of them in my 72g they aren't the nicest looking things in the world and if you have more than one you probably going to end up with thousands of them in a few months. Only thing that I know of that eats them are butterfly fish. I closed off a lot of them with cement but their bad news imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: