• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Thanks guys. Just a little update since 6/28 they have laid 2 more times and every time they lay eggs it seems to have more and more eggs, I don't have the proper set up to raise the fry yet, and working on getting something together in the near future, any advise would be appreciated.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Hey gang it's been a while since i updated my tank thread sorry for the delay.
I decided to change out my 4 400w 20k Ushio halides for leds. A vendor here, FathomLed, was nice enough to give me 2 units of his leds to try out on my tank. 1 unit had 60 degree optics, and the other 80 degree optics. What I did was remove the 2 center halides and replaced them with his units, they are mounted at 8 1/2" above water level. Wednesday Smoq is coming over to do some par test between the halides and leds, this way i know what intensity i have to set them up at. so far i like the look of them, but time will tell.
here are some pics i took before and after i mounted them.
this is my tank with 4 400w 20k ushio halides.
4-400w20kushiohalides.jpg

this is with the leds. I replaced the two center halides with leds, the 1 on the left is 60 degree optics, and the right with 80 degree optics.
60left80rightpic2.jpg

As of now i think going with 60 degree optics gives me a better look, but i might have to mount them higher,Smoq will have those answers for me on wednesday.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Richie my brother those LEDs look good!!!! even do what I did (half LEDs and half MH)
Go with the track light like mine and you be very happy!!!
ps the unicorn looks so good, maybe one day he will end in my tank.LOL
I love that todd in the middle
How are those mushrooms under the MH?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: