• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

A couple more pics. My maxima clam, and my squamosa and smaller maxima clams, all photographed from above. Also my green brain.

Attachments

• dscn3136.jpg
    dscn3136.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 4,016
  • dscn3138.jpg
    dscn3138.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 4,022
  • dscn3157.jpg
    dscn3157.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 4,023

reefann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude your tank is AWSOME!!!
Are you happy with the litermeter?
I am thinking of getting one for auto top off for my 210. This will not be for a little while though because I just picked up a kent wavemaster.
Once again your tank is great
JJ
BTW I sent a PM

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The litermeter was worth every penny. There are a lot cheaper ones out there, and used ones as well, but the litermeter got great reviews. It's simple to use and quiet.
Thanks for the kind words.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks RM!

The power in our lab building went out for four hours today. The corals were all still expanded at noon when I got here. The firefish, however, decided to somehow get in the overflow and travel into the sump. After carefully catching him, he's none worse for the wear. Here are some shots I took today, along with the tank and all related equipment.

Attachments

• dscn3200.jpg
    dscn3200.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3,954
  • dscn3193.jpg
    dscn3193.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3,959
  • dscn3194.jpg
    dscn3194.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 3,963
  • dscn3194.jpg
    dscn3194.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 3,964
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy, that's cause I stoles it from ya!
It's from ORA, as are all the clams, captively raised. It has nice little blue centers in the spots.

Skylsdale,
here ya go, along with a bad pic of the overflow on the 1" bulkhead. It's just small pieces of black acrylic I glued together, then epoxied to the back wall. You can also see two little acro frags base plating at the bottom left of the pic. I haven't cleaned the glass in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• dscn3227.jpg
    dscn3227.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,898
  • dscn3224.jpg
    dscn3224.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 3,898

skylsdale

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's some pretty stunning growth with that LOA retro you have going there--your SPS are looking awesome! I assume color would be a bit better under something else, but you really can't argue that amount of growth for the price of one of those units. Very nice.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goodness Matt it is looking great. Heck I'd build an entire pico system around that pretty trachyphyllia alone... :) the combined growth of your Tnids and SPS reflects well on the overall system design. BTW I like the Erlenmyer kalkreactor! You can really get an idea of the smallness of this nano and its stocking density with that step-back shot. Its alot to pack in a nano tank and the aquascaping is great--it makes the tank look huge from the frontal shot.

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new addition from about three weeks ago...a Neopetrolisthes sp. anemone crab. He filter feeds from right in front of one of the pump returns. Despite not having an anemone, he seems to be doing OK. The pistol shrimp is not bothering him, and vice versa. Also included pics of a tiny acro frag and the entire tank.

Attachments

• dscn3289.jpg
    dscn3289.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 3,846
  • dscn3304.jpg
    dscn3304.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,845
  • dscn3306.jpg
    dscn3306.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 3,847
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here ya go, in no particular order. I can't remember the sequence of shots, but there are pics of a green slimer (A. yongei?) newly accquired, a small acro frag that broke off a friends colony and is now growing on the sandbed, some new pics of old acro frags, a pic of all three small maxima clams, a pic of the snails doing "it" :D and their eggs beneath them, and a pic of the green brain.

Oh yeah, I got a new powerquad pendant with a 50/50 96W bulb, thus the new pics. Hope you like.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• dscn3315.jpg
    dscn3315.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,775
  • dscn3328.jpg
    dscn3328.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3,775
  • dscn3329.jpg
    dscn3329.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 3,777
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• dscn3332.jpg
    dscn3332.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 3,771
  • dscn3333.jpg
    dscn3333.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3,770
  • dscn3335.jpg
    dscn3335.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 3,774

skylsdale

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That hue from the Powerquad looks a TON better. What brand was it? Did it fit alright over the Eclipse? I just got mine setup in the living room yesterday, and I'm trying to figure out what kinds of equipment will and won't work. Your tank looks almost as scratched up as mine. If you ever need a home for that clam at the top...you just give me a call.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I got it from marinedepot.com...just search under "powerquad pendant", the brand is customsealife. It doesn't exactly fit right over the eclipse. I have a couple glass graduated cylinders holding it up so it doesn't melt the plastic. It looks pretty makeshift, but I don't really care any more. The tank looks like some crazy science experiment anyway, and since it's in a lab room it kind of fits with the motif.

I might be mistaken, but I think the 24W lights that come with the JBJ would probably fit in the eclipse hood. www.ahsupply.com carries retrofit kits and tells you the dimensions of bulbs, etc.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: