• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez guys,

Haven't you heard of moderation. Iv'e been on this board for a while now and seen bob's ideas explained, as well as everyone elses. YES there is room for fuges and "thriving" plant life.... BUT YES there are also cases for high tech equipment like skimmers and the like. I mean how did people with wonderful salt aquariums acheive it 50 years ago? I know their "high tech" equipment would have been somthing to scoff at by today's standards. Personally I think we all are best off to use a combination (as I'm sure MOST experianced reefers would agree). If bob likes the way his tanks look great! If I like the way my tank looks GREAT! If someone doesn't like my tank.. haha so what?!? Isn't it about the enjoyment of the hobby to the individual... as opposed to correct process?

What we need is love haha :)

Have a good one everybody!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Beaslbob truly believed in the methods he's advertising he would actually start a reef tank using those methods.

I do not believe that in his "12" years of saltwater he has actually ever started a reef tank using the methods he is pushing.

I'm just wondering why... here's his chance to show the superiority of his proposed methods but he doesn't seem willing.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SnowManSnow":uvxnpjy0 said:
Geez guys,

Haven't you heard of moderation. Iv'e been on this board for a while now and seen bob's ideas explained, as well as everyone elses. YES there is room for fuges and "thriving" plant life.... BUT YES there are also cases for high tech equipment like skimmers and the like. I mean how did people with wonderful salt aquariums acheive it 50 years ago? I know their "high tech" equipment would have been somthing to scoff at by today's standards. Personally I think we all are best off to use a combination (as I'm sure MOST experianced reefers would agree). If bob likes the way his tanks look great! If I like the way my tank looks GREAT! If someone doesn't like my tank.. haha so what?!? Isn't it about the enjoyment of the hobby to the individual... as opposed to correct process?

I have been reading Bobs threads for a while now and agree that if all this was about was him liking the way his tank looks it would be no big deal. That isn't what happens tough. Bob give advice from authority and pretty much ignores anyone who points out where he is wrong. His posts are misleading. He talks about 25 years experience, but has less than 2 with corals. He posts links to threads about people who use 'his' methods, but on a closer look they don't use his methods at all. He makes statements about Inland Aquatics that turn out to be wrong. He doesn't seem to understand how skimmers and other equipment actually work. Yet he continues to position himself as an authority and claims that people hare having success with his methods while the staff of Reefs.org posts disclaimer after disclaimer in threads he is involved in. It is scary to watch him gain credibility simply because he says he has it.

Bucktronix

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thales":3ncy8ebp said:
SnowManSnow":3ncy8ebp said:
Geez guys,

I have been reading Bobs threads for a while now and agree that if all this was about was him liking the way his tank looks it would be no big deal. That isn't what happens tough. Bob give advice from authority and pretty much ignores anyone who points out where he is wrong. His posts are misleading. He talks about 25 years experience, but has less than 2 with corals. He posts links to threads about people who use 'his' methods, but on a closer look they don't use his methods at all. He makes statements about Inland Aquatics that turn out to be wrong. He doesn't seem to understand how skimmers and other equipment actually work. Yet he continues to position himself as an authority and claims that people hare having success with his methods while the staff of Reefs.org posts disclaimer after disclaimer in threads he is involved in. It is scary to watch him gain credibility simply because he says he has it.

and ^^bingo^^

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I really really hope all newbies read this thread with pictures and the links. :lol:

A good starting point is to read the above and my signature below.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob,

Can you show me one link that shows a tank that has a "very strong emphasis on the tank maintaing itself. tap water, no water changes, no dosing" that somes CLOSE to a tank of the month? Not a link of a tank starting out, I mean a tank that has been running for more that 5 years with no water changes, no skimmer or additives WHAT SO EVER!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beaslbob":1r9qhc6q said:
Well here's one link where he uses tap water and no water changes. He does dose though.

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthr ... adid=92124

At least he doesn't have the problems at three months posted at the start of this thread.

Interesting bob except that the thread was from 11/2003; if you'd bother to search further he changed out to a BB tank in 2004, after that apparently went to Iraq and had his tanks crash and is in the process of rebuilding them.

Hardly a model for sucess.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawdawg":15c32bqe said:
beaslbob":15c32bqe said:
Well here's one link where he uses tap water and no water changes. He does dose though.

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthr ... adid=92124

At least he doesn't have the problems at three months posted at the start of this thread.

Interesting bob except that the thread was from 11/2003; if you'd bother to search further he changed out to a BB tank in 2004, after that apparently went to Iraq and had his tanks crash and is in the process of rebuilding them.

Hardly a model for sucess.

Hello coffin! Hello nail!

....good catch! :lol:

~wings~

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now make no mistake, I am not cranking on the guy that bob cited, it doesn't sound like it's his fault the tanks went under.

But again bob why don't you simply enter the contest and show us what you can do.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once Beaslbob starts his new tank using his methods and documents its progress and success we will all have to acknowledge that his method works and we'll have to stop criticizing the technique.

He will also have a permanent thread that he can just point people to that explains it all in detail and show what a prize the end result is going to be.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy":3u73bsq7 said:
Once Beaslbob starts his new tank using his methods and documents its progress and success we will all have to acknowledge that his method works and we'll have to stop criticizing the technique.

He will also have a permanent thread that he can just point people to that explains it all in detail and show what a prize the end result is going to be.

With 25 years of experience under his belt, this should not only cost very little, but would be a snap to configure. Besides he'd be able to use a link right here at RDO to explain his case!

~wings~

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy":2zjs10bj said:

Or I can post pictures of tanks started with plant life as I did in this thread. And pictures of tanks with no added plant life. As I did in this thread.

And I can refer to FW also.

And post problems tanks are having with no added plant life. LIke rob's

sorry to hear crazy had a crash, but he was using no water changes for over 25 years up to that point. Leaving a tank in someone's had can be detrimental to any system.

And I can post tank running for 1 1/2 years with excellent sps growth using plant life but with ro/di and water changes.

And the local club has some new setups for our next meeting started with plant life refugiums. So I can post those.

And just let the newbies decide.

After all the only difference is whether or not you start the system with added plant life or not. Everything else is secondary.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beaslbob":vxy8dgui said:
Now I really really hope all newbies read this thread with pictures and the links. :lol:

A good starting point is to read the above and my signature below.

I don't get it. You want noobies to read the links you cite to support your method, but you don't seem to realize that they don't support your method.

Its good that you changed your signature, the old one was more misleading. Here is the new one:
25 years with fw 12 is salt 1 with reef. 10g FW leiden with 30 fish, 55g display mixed reef, 20g macro/plant culture tank. very strong emphasis on the tank maintaing itself. tap water, no water changes, no dosing. Fw and salt tanks have ran for up to 6 years that way

It is interesting that you used to say your reef was almost 2 years old, now its one, and I am not sure what running FW and FO tanks for 6 years with you method has to do with reefs. Your tank is a year old, and looks not very good. I can't see why anyone would want to duplicate your methods.
It just hit me that your tank looks a lot like the tanks we used to keep in the 80's! Shudder!

I hope any noobie giving your ideas credibility takes the time to wade through your other posts on this board.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beaslbob":2zqy5yxf said:
And just let the newbies decide.

In other words, you have realized that when your entry looks like someone set off an algae bomb you will have to stop pretending that you understand reef dynamics.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beaslbob":3h8mwqx7 said:
After all the only difference is whether or not you start the system with added plant life or not. Everything else is secondary.

Show me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: