• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Definitely would be willing to travel to get a look at your tank in person and to actually meet someone who is always so nice and helpful. Plus hope to learn a little more since I am always in the learning mode when it comes to bigger tanks. Plus to help out and learn at the same time, since once I finish the plumbing on the new system I will be doing my own rock work, so want to learn from others any new skills i might acquire.
John
No problem, I will let everyone now, the date.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Sorry guys for not updating my thread.
Yesterday Pauli came by to do some water testing, because I thought I was doing something wrong, or my test kits were getting old. Well it turns out my parameters that I was getting and what he got were the same. Phosphates are still high .50, and nitrates at 25-50 I would say in between so 30-40. all other parameters are in range.
Alk-174 ppm, 9.744 dkh
Cal-470
Mag-1260
Ph-8.0
Salinity-1.026
Temp-79.1
So with that said I decided to give Vodka dosing a try, I did a ton of research on it before so here it goes. Starting to dose today 2ml for the next 3 days, then increasing to 4ml for the next 4.
This FTS is for my reference only.
1017.jpg

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
looking good richie, i never did get to see your tank in person yet and i am a little jealous to see that you have one of my 2 favorite fish which i can not fit in my tank...the Achilles tang

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
send a message to fluid dynamics, his name is jared and say that i recomended you. he is getting in some stuff that is supposed to be great for phosphates, i looked into it myself but cant afford it since i would also need to buy a reactor and unfortunately textbooks came to more than expected this semester

Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Tank looks nothing short of amazing.

Good luck with the vodka Richie. It definatally works wonders, but make sure you don't up your dose too much. I dosed a tad too much once and the tank turned a milky white. It was a wicked algea bloom that resided in a day, but it sure scared the heck outta me. Haha

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: