• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Video

Great video. Your passion comes through and touched my emotions as well. Hope I can get my new tank up this fall as Im still working on the basement walls and supports for what will be the sump room under the tank. Wish we had more reefers up in this area that were as active as you guys in the city.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Great video. Your passion comes through and touched my emotions as well. Hope I can get my new tank up this fall as Im still working on the basement walls and supports for what will be the sump room under the tank. Wish we had more reefers up in this area that were as active as you guys in the city.

thanks. I can always get a couple of guys and make a road trip.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
been a crazy few months... well the last year has been crazy.. got separated last year.. lost my job.. all that fun stuff.. got a new job, tried to work things out with the wife, failed gettin divorced, working alot a crazy schedule between the dealership, and teaching at the fire academy on sundays, so thats y i havent seen anyone.. buuuut in the process, i have set up my 92g reef with leds, and a custom 54g bowfront sump.. its cycling now and is going well.. my 40g is amaizing with all the sps growth... i also have a pair od snowcassos from doni's reef that have started doin the dance.. as well as a breeding setup for another few pairs of clowns.. that im trying to get a black snowflake... so well see, i saw that ora just got their first one.. eh i tried to beat them.. haha

we need to get together sometime, or if you guys ever wanna come out to jersey for a tank visit i got the beer.. lol

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
WoW !!!!!!! Been taking days to read this thread and it was worth it.Man what are the chances of getting your dream reef for a $1 .It couldnt happen to a nicer guy and you deserve it.Love the tank and the video ,very nice. wish my daughter was into reefing it is real nice when the family is involved it makes reefing eazier.

Happy reefing to a real REEFER, lots of luck with the tank

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well I have to say that I am totally amazed at Richie's tank. I just left his house and I am still in awe. He has probably the nicest tank I have seen! It is truly a MIXED reef. He has everything! He is also such a knowledgeable person!!!

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
WoW !!!!!!! Been taking days to read this thread and it was worth it.Man what are the chances of getting your dream reef for a $1 .It couldnt happen to a nicer guy and you deserve it.Love the tank and the video ,very nice. wish my daughter was into reefing it is real nice when the family is involved it makes reefing eazier.

Happy reefing to a real REEFER, lots of luck with the tank

Thank You, It's not that hard, I let her get involved with everything I do, and she really enjoys it. From testing to water changes to feeding. Try it you might be surprised.

jayuws

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Damn. I'm a 45 year old man and I actually got teary eyed reading this thread and seeing that awesome video of you and your tank. Your passion for the hobby comes through so well and I'm totally inspired. Your daughter is not only learning about fish, corals, and invertebrates; she's also learning what it means to be passionate about something and how to share that passion with others. Awesome thread and your tank is alright too, I guess. Who am I kidding? Your tank is better than any natural reef I've ever seen.

Cheers,
Jay

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
With my electric bills being sky high, i decided to take down my 4 400w halides, and replace them with 2 250w halides on a light rail. After mounting the light rails I went from having 8" clearance from my pendants, to 2". I thought that by reducing the wattage it would be equal. Well I was wrong.
1- The temps went up by 2 degrees. Even thought I had a fan controlled by my ac3.
2- Noticed corals that were closer to water level started to bleach.
Now back to the drawing board, I will post picks shortly.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Damn. I'm a 45 year old man and I actually got teary eyed reading this thread and seeing that awesome video of you and your tank. Your passion for the hobby comes through so well and I'm totally inspired. Your daughter is not only learning about fish, corals, and invertebrates; she's also learning what it means to be passionate about something and how to share that passion with others. Awesome thread and your tank is alright too, I guess. Who am I kidding? Your tank is better than any natural reef I've ever seen.

Cheers,
Jay

Thank you, for the compliments.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm so sorry to hear about the electric bill/lighting/bleaching...go LED!! I'm in love with mine. Haven't commented in a while but I've still been following along. I am in love with your tank...It's time I focus on getting my goals accomplished so that I can buy a house and make the family live in the shed so I can turn the house in to a fish room...lol...just kidding or am I? lol :Up_to_som :scratchch

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: