• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NKT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just another flower pic...

Attachments

• petals.jpg
    petals.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,998
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:oops: I couldn't bump the thread just for that dumb comment, so heres an oldie- sorry for the crappy scan:
SPOONBIL.JPG

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm on the subject, here are some dirty grasshopper pics- from Ecuador:

hopper1.jpg

hopper2.jpg

What the heck, it's friday!

TrevorRobertson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I have to say two things
1 - holly crap I can not belive the talent on this board!!!
2 - there is no way that I can keep up but here is my atempt anyway...
Image-EC5BBCB2881B11D7.jpg

Just a flower

A

Anonymous

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
These are cherry blossoms, taken in the late 80's, scanned last winter.

Regards, Eric

A

Anonymous

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
NKT":3sqft7y7 said:
lunar eclipse from a few nights back...

Wow, Nico, that's amazing! Is that shot through a telescope?

Don't know if you saw it, but this one ended up in the sump; was going to put it up here too but didn't have the time... We had a little bit of haze in the air, which gave the eclipse a really ethereal, mars-red tint. This color is straight out of the camera:

Attachments

• moonrise_rs.jpg
    moonrise_rs.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,907
  • orbital shadow.jpg
    orbital shadow.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,907
A

Anonymous

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
TrevorRobertson":1vumf27s said:
Okay I have to say two things
1 - holly crap I can not belive the talent on this board!!!
2 - there is no way that I can keep up but here is my atempt anyway...

Just a flower

Hey Trevor, welcome to RDO and especially the photography forum! To respond to your post:

1. Holy crap I can't believe it either! :-D
2. If your flower shot is anything indicative of your work, I think you can keep up just fine!

Okay, now here's my plug (and hint) to everyone for post-production work. I'm going to use Trevor as an example because he's new. 8O 8) Sort of a hazing or something; I hope he doesn't take offense. :D I took the liberty of downloading his photo and spending about 5 minutes with it in Photoshop Elements. I know a lot of people here post their pictures right out of the camera, and that's groovy because they're still beautiful (Trevor's is a perfect example), but often I think a lot of those same people think their work doesn't measure up to some of the other posters' on here. The big secret is that a lot of the shots that look more 'professional' have been run through some post production work for the 'finishing touches'.

With Trevor's shot, I only spent about 5 minutes on it and took a few simple steps. I don't think it really improved the shot in terms of composition, because Trevor's eye is what captured the elements of the shot itself. All I did was put a few finishing touches on it to give it that 'glossy' sort of look. (FYI what I did was mess with the brightness/contrast levels a bit and add a bit more saturation.)

Cheers,
John

Attachments

• image-ec5bbcb2881b11d7.jpg
    image-ec5bbcb2881b11d7.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,902

TrevorRobertson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well first let me say thanks for the very warm welcome. Let me give you a bit of background on me...
I sell computers at a local computer store, I do mostly add on sales as we are a Macintosh store and Apple sells direct to the schools so camera's are a big part of my sales. I am learning ALOT in this fourm about differences and how to take better shots. I have also really gotten into taking photo's since digital became good and cheap, I think it is an easy way to be an 'artist' A fringe benifit of working where I do I get to play with all the new camera's for FREE, Right now I have a canon S40 at home but next week it could be a C-5050 and next week a G3 then a 5700 what ever! :lol:

Well I hope to keep learning and posting, I have some great tulips growing in my yard so I am going to play a bit with those over the next day or two.

Also I will be getting lots and lots of practice soon as my wife and I are expecting out first baby!! 8O

Well again thanks for the welcome.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't catch it framed well due to the wind, but we have the Apothecary's Rose in bloom. Also a closeup of a beautiful double rose impatient.

8)

Attachments

• picture 254.jpg
    picture 254.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,896
  • picture 260.jpg
    picture 260.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,893
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TrevorRobertson":1cfyvbpy said:
Also I will be getting lots and lots of practice soon as my wife and I are expecting out first baby!! 8O

Congratulations!!!!

Must be something in the the water (or in the tanks!), because several posters to RDO have either had kids very recently or are getting ready to. Sounds great to me--my wife and I are about to start trying for our first a little later this summer. 8O :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few More plants blooming. Not the best focus for some reason.

Attachments

• picture 271.jpg
    picture 271.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,864
  • picture 274.jpg
    picture 274.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,865
  • picture 275.jpg
    picture 275.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,871
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll post a few pics that I took, and a few that my girlfriend took.
This was some kind of beetle on a flower in Minuteman National Park in Concord, MA.

Attachments

• beetle1.jpg
    beetle1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,860
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are two I shot of a dragonfly. Same day in the park.

Attachments

• dragonfly02.jpg
    dragonfly02.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,859
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some lazy-ass bee that was snoozing inside a flower.

Attachments

• sleep_bee1.jpg
    sleep_bee1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,858

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: