• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

It's never every day that you get to see a cat jump though a flaming hoop...unless your in key west.

Damn, I starting to want to go back. :)

Attachments

• dscn3378.gif
    dscn3378.gif
    144 KB · Views: 3,684
A

Anonymous

Nice bird shot azcaddman. :)

Inspired by Gottaknows candle shot, i dug through my hard drive to find the shot below. This pic was taken one night when we had a power outage. I prolly took 30 shots that night, but this one is my favorite. The little girl in the center is my niece, and that is my son Brock on the right. It show how easily children can be entertained. All it took was a match, a candle, and of course - the camera.

Louey

Attachments

• dscn0883.gif
    dscn0883.gif
    97.9 KB · Views: 3,673

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey,
Love the composition of that last photo!

My daily installment (old stock photo alla Worhol):

teapot.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one from a shoot last night.

Attachments

• mixed-cultures_rs.jpg
    mixed-cultures_rs.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3,650
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And one more from last night.

Attachments

• horizon_rs.jpg
    horizon_rs.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3,647
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":bmq7uepk said:
Something a bit abstract:

Very nice. Love the clarity and color depth. Excellent contrast between the light tones of the background and the deep, rich colors.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pic Len.

This sunset was taken in 1985 on my SLR. Back in the days when bracketing cost money. :lol:

Regards

reefNewbie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holy **** len that fuckin sweet! that looks like a poster right out of a shop! where was that? and how did you take such a beautiful shot!

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RN, thanks! That was shot in Laguana, California ... right before a big 3 day storm. A liberal amount of post processing was done for emotive effect, and I'm not ashamed of it at all :P Photo is as much art to me as it is discipline.

Attachments

• sky3.jpg
    sky3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 3,573
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I can't even compare to those shots...I want to hang them on my wall!

I took this tonight for fun whilst taking tank pics :

mark.jpg

Can anyone tell me whom it is? (Here's a hint...1970's cartoon from Japan)

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my favorite fireworks pics. Of the stars that had enough light to show, they didn't show the small V pattern I made with the cam while I had the shutter open.

Regards, Eric

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the superhero guy UltraMan?

I'm not gonna try at the biomass thing. :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":i8t7abuv said:
RN, thanks! That was shot in Laguana, California ... right before a big 3 day storm. A liberal amount of post processing was done for emotive effect, and I'm not ashamed of it at all :P Photo is as much art to me as it is discipline.

What kind of post-work did you do on that one?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a cool (but nasty) shot you got there, Righty. Looks like a macro of some organ.

John,
Honestly, there was way too much done to that image that I can't recall every step. It is heavily post-processed, and I'm not ashamed of it ;) I did overlayed multiple composite layers, did a bunch of masking layers, lots of curve work in eachy layer, on top of the usual spot editting (cloning, dodging, burning). It was a fun excercise in photoshop :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: