• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OceanEnviro LLC conducted the nitrate reduction test with starting values of 6,000 + mg/L of Nitrate and reduced them to 1.1 mg/L in seven days. It shows the daily reductions.

Cal Brett Inc conducted the test using ammonia, nitrite and nitrate in the same solution. The water was autoclaved and so was the TBPC to ensure no outside infiltration. The daily values were also stated on the test.

Great. Now in order for us to get to the next step, you'll need to show us the data. And that includes statistical validation as well as a few more specifics about sampling and testing.

In all honesty, if you did a strong experiment, I bet you could get it published in a reefkeeping magazine for all to see. But it will need to stand up to scrutiny.

skylab1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's water test result:

temp: 82
pH:8.2
ammo:0
NO2:0
NO3:0
CA:450
Alk: 220

The babylion has grown about 1/2" since I got it almost a month ago. Beside eating frozen mysid, the lion is now started to eat some finely cut fresh shrimp from local market.

I've notice the filter is getting dirty, will need to be clean this weekend.

Note: I'll post the pic tomorrow, my CF card reader is busted. Going to fry's tomorrow to get a new one.

FragMaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wade":2onrcljv said:
OceanEnviro LLC conducted the nitrate reduction test with starting values of 6,000 + mg/L of Nitrate and reduced them to 1.1 mg/L in seven days. It shows the daily reductions.

Cal Brett Inc conducted the test using ammonia, nitrite and nitrate in the same solution. The water was autoclaved and so was the TBPC to ensure no outside infiltration. The daily values were also stated on the test.

Great. Now in order for us to get to the next step, you'll need to show us the data. And that includes statistical validation as well as a few more specifics about sampling and testing.

In all honesty, if you did a strong experiment, I bet you could get it published in a reefkeeping magazine for all to see. But it will need to stand up to scrutiny.

Give up Wade :).
Every time you ask him for it (Snake) your going to get a phone number or "test" results with missing variables unfortunately.
I have officialy given up on it.
Any one check yet to see if it was published in that mag. he said it would be yet? ( not talking about you skylab) ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skylab1":3empx7y2 said:
The babylion has grown about 1/2" since I got it almost a month ago. Beside eating frozen mysid, the lion is now started to eat some finely cut fresh shrimp from local market.

When do you plan on moving it to a larger tank?

skylab1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":1jl2x24f said:
skylab1":1jl2x24f said:

When do you plan on moving it to a larger tank?

That's a good question Matt, I don't know yet. Feeding still a concern for me, may be another month or so.

skylab1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
invert":279mv6y1 said:
well considering in the movie its not getting on well with its tank mates it might be a good time.

What do you mean it's not getting well with its tank mate? It's getting well just fine, I see the tank every day and I don't see a problem.

skylab1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, the lion already had its 1st live fish meal many weeks ago, ie: feeder guppy. I have no doubt the lion will eat other live fish when it is big and strong, but it won't be in this tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
freshwater fish should never be fed to a saltwater fish

i pity that lion because it's under your care :cry:

learn what the animals you keep need, and how they should be kept, PLEEEEASE, BEFORE you buy them, if for no other reason, than for the respect they deserve as other living creatures

skylab1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vitz":tr2p6fjc said:
freshwater fish should never be fed to a saltwater fish

FYI, the feeder guppy I use is a salt water guppy. They cost twice as much as fresh water.

You do know there is a salt water guppy RIHGT?

Please, think before you post.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: