thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I am going to set up my generator on Sunday/Monday and have it all ready to go. I am going to eventually install an interface to plug right into my panel so I dont need to run cords. Just need to turn off the breakers that I don't want.

6500watt is enough to run my entire setup plus sump pump and other stuff... :) I will probably turn off the skimmer and just run the heaters and main pump...

moneypit

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I am going to set up my generator on Sunday/Monday and have it all ready to go. I am going to eventually install an interface to plug right into my panel so I dont need to run cords. Just need to turn off the breakers that I don't want.

6500watt is enough to run my entire setup plus sump pump and other stuff... :) I will probably turn off the skimmer and just run the heaters and main pump...

I installed a gentran 10 circuit transfer switch a few years ago and its night and day better than extension cords. I power my entire house with it a 6500 watt generator but the best part is that i have power in less than 10 mins. not to mention you will have heat , hot water, lights, etc.

AlucardXP

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sighhh...another year in a row that ill be running my tank off of car batteries and a power inverter. Gonna make sure there fully charged today and try to pick up a batter powered air pump since theres a west marine around the block from me.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I installed a gentran 10 circuit transfer switch a few years ago and its night and day better than extension cords. I power my entire house with it a 6500 watt generator but the best part is that i have power in less than 10 mins. not to mention you will have heat , hot water, lights, etc.

I have just been to lazy to install some sort of transfer case... I am going to put in something a little different, but is still up to code. I have a subpanel so a basic transfer switch would be a pain in to install.

Mine will require turning off the circuits that I do not want on...

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Has anyone seen the projected storm track, and how they expect it to make a complete 90 degree angle turn toward land? It doesn't make sense.... Hopefully the storm will keep moving out east and not make landfall.

My tank is finally up and running well :(. Luckily I do have a Vortech battery back up, but that's only going to last a day or two.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
So I think ill be out of the hobbie very soon! :( I been on a 3 day man hunt but with work it's been hard to get places early enough, so no generator and no battery back up, my tank is done for :/ what else can I do! Plz some one help!

Car batteries and inverters are still available most places. Wrap the tank with foam board insulation. Plenty you can still do w what time is left.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: