• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

People have a good track record with the copper banded only. It is I think one of two butterflies that does not mess with corals. Kind of like the blue throat trigger.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just pulled my centropyge argi from my tank last week because he really started growing an appetite for my fleshier LPS. He was doing great for 6 months, only seldomly nipping at things that spread faster, then he went on to the larger open brains I was dropping in the tank and he had to go. It was only a 45 minute battle with minimal amount of rock pulled out but it could have turned out a lot worse. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my mod to the skimmer today, no more splashing (I'll get a pic later). Found a service coupling at lowes. It is fixed on one end and slides line the ER riser. $8 and change for the part. I think the mod was less than $10 once you add the tee and elbow since I already had the pipe. Got the doors mounted and the top off container shoved in the closet and hooked up. I also chaged out some of the rigid pipe for some spa flex and added some more mouse pads to quiet things down a bit, seams to have worked.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trido":2hj9cfvm said:
So when are you getting the good LR? Things are looking good IMO, by the way.

This week, possibly tomorrow and thanks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the skimmer mods. I'll let the picture do the talking. If you have questions ask.

Attachments

• er mod 3.jpg
    er mod 3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,230
  • er mod 2.jpg
    er mod 2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,521
  • er mod 1.jpg
    er mod 1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,728
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still having issues with the skimmer pump vibrating and making some noise (a buzzing sound). Any suggestions? It already sits on a mouse pad. The mods I did to the return pump makes it super quiet.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem I have with my skimmer pump, besides the sedra being loud, is that some of the vibration is transferred to the skimmer body and that transfers vibration/noise to the sump either by touching the sides or the bottom. The sedra is considerably louder than my Mag 9, though. You might want to try to put a couple of mouse pads under the skimmer or make sure the skimmer and pump aren't touching the sides of your sump. Next thing I would suggest is getting the inside of your stand covered in soundproofing foam, like Len did to his "tank." :wink:

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... &start=120

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":oj0s2gg6 said:
The problem I have with my skimmer pump, besides the sedra being loud, is that some of the vibration is transferred to the skimmer body and that transfers vibration/noise to the sump either by touching the sides or the bottom. The sedra is considerably louder than my Mag 9, though. You might want to try to put a couple of mouse pads under the skimmer or make sure the skimmer and pump aren't touching the sides of your sump. Next thing I would suggest is getting the inside of your stand covered in soundproofing foam, like Len did to his "tank." :wink:

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... &start=120

I am going to see if I can round up a few more mouse pads. The skimmer or pump is not touching anything (other than the bottom). They are already sitting on one mouse pad each. If I can get them on another couple I think I will be fine, or if I can find a softer material.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just remembered I have a big roll of filter floss in the garage. I think I will try some to see if it works to dampen the vibrations.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how long it will hold up in salt water. How does the mouse pad hold up?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel":3psgtkki said:
cvp7900":3psgtkki said:
I'm not sure how long it will hold up in salt water. How does the mouse pad hold up?

Just fine it's neopreen.

I'm going to have to see what it's made out of. I'll get back with you on that one.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":1h6pv0iy said:
Wazzel":1h6pv0iy said:
cvp7900":1h6pv0iy said:

Just fine it's neopreen.
How can you tell when a mousepad is made out of neopreen?

Most are. Nepree in not a expensive material.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: