• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Great tank and a very nice setup.

I like the Y-pipe for the Durso, excellent idea!

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel":18p4gmkg said:
Got the in tank plumbing done last night. I shortened both of the stand pipes 2 inches they now sit about flush with the top of the overflow. Trimmed the 1/2" pipe so it was just long enough for the cap, drilled 2ea 3/16" holes in each cap. Installed the return piping from the bulkhead to the penductors. As usual it was late and I did not feel like taking a pic. All I have left to do before it is ready for water is the underside piping, get a back ground and rescue my wife's crosses from the wall behind the tank. I found this window tint like tank back ground stuff, but the LFS was out of the color I wanted (dark blue). They should have some this week. If I had the background I could start filling. I figure it will take 3-4 days to fill the tank with my 75gpd unit.

Will try to take a pic tonight, but will not do any work. I got a Saints game to watch.
Let me know how quiet the Waz Standpipe turns out. :) I'm wondering if that wye will be just as quiet as the tee and elbow.

Also, where are you going to drill your "break-syphon" hole(s)? I always have problems finding a place where it'll be most effective (least amount of draining) and least noisy (water splashing or dripping).

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":3f72gm3m said:
And where are those pictures!? :wink:

I got side tracked. Helped my kids do homework until game time. Once the game started I was not going anywhere.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":211d7t9n said:
Wazzel":211d7t9n said:
Got the in tank plumbing done last night. I shortened both of the stand pipes 2 inches they now sit about flush with the top of the overflow. Trimmed the 1/2" pipe so it was just long enough for the cap, drilled 2ea 3/16" holes in each cap. Installed the return piping from the bulkhead to the penductors. As usual it was late and I did not feel like taking a pic. All I have left to do before it is ready for water is the underside piping, get a back ground and rescue my wife's crosses from the wall behind the tank. I found this window tint like tank back ground stuff, but the LFS was out of the color I wanted (dark blue). They should have some this week. If I had the background I could start filling. I figure it will take 3-4 days to fill the tank with my 75gpd unit.

Will try to take a pic tonight, but will not do any work. I got a Saints game to watch.
Let me know how quiet the Waz Standpipe turns out. :) I'm wondering if that wye will be just as quiet as the tee and elbow.

Also, where are you going to drill your "break-syphon" hole(s)? I always have problems finding a place where it'll be most effective (least amount of draining) and least noisy (water splashing or dripping).

Thanks!

I am going to drill them about even with the bottom of the overflow teath. That is where I have put them in the past and it seams to work fine.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":g6gcpt8c said:
Are you drilling it into the side of the standpipe?

Nope. The return stand pipe come up to a tee then the two lines go into the tank. I will drill the holes on the lines in the tank.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, that's just like mine. :) After I cleaned my standpipe this weekend though, my waterline inside the overflow box dropped a bit (since the water is flowing more freely) and now I can hear the water draining from the exhaust hole.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a little done last night. Ran the drain line from the bulkheads to the sump. No pics wife was working on the computer when I was done and I whent to bed.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you finished your stand, did you paint or seal the top in anyway? By top I mean the place where the tank actually sits on. Did you or are you going to place styrofoam on the top for the tank to sit on? Look great BTW. I am going to attempt to mimic yours, however I know it won't come out nearly as well.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I painted the top white. Just like the inside of the stand. Thaks for the complament.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some shots on what I have done ofer the past few night. Nothing exciting, but progress.

On top

Attachments

• 27 sept 1.jpg
    27 sept 1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,635
  • 27 sept 2.jpg
    27 sept 2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,633
  • 27 sept 3.jpg
    27 sept 3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,631
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down below

Attachments

• 27 sept 6.jpg
    27 sept 6.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,629
  • 27 sept 5.jpg
    27 sept 5.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,630
  • 27 sept 4.jpg
    27 sept 4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,631
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is it for tonight. Daughter #2 had a softball game and I am in a mood.

pwj1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will like the Panworld (BlueLine) pump. Really smooth running and alot better than a MAG.

They will increase your temp in the tank. A fan will help.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, Mark. Too lazy to read through the entire thread again :P

Will the two penductors be alternating?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pwj1286":24mivoo5 said:
You will like the Panworld (BlueLine) pump. Really smooth running and alot better than a MAG.

They will increase your temp in the tank. A fan will help.

I ran a panworld on my 60. I like the pumps. I did not find that it added that much heat. I do plan on having 2 fans in the hood and one over the sump. I really would like to not have to install and run the chiller I have.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unarce":2pyiokj9 said:
Sorry, Mark. Too lazy to read through the entire thread again :P

Will the two penductors be alternating?

They will not. You can see in the photo thy come up on the same riser. I will be getting 2 tunze 6200's that will handel the alternating stuff.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's coming along great! I like the color your cabinet came out to be.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: