• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Hey Rich, it's Nick, your tank looks amazing! Those pieces you gave me are doing great! Thanks again. I'm gonna be trying a biopellet reactor soon, I'll let you know how it goes. We have to get together again soon.
What's going on Nick, I'm glad to hear the corals are doing good, why are you starting the pellets?? What is the little munchkin up to, still keeping you up?? I'm going to set up a date for us after the holidays, i'll keep you posted.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Okay so after 8 weeks of Vodka dosing I give up. Today I am starting something new, I mixed 1ml of Lanthanum Chloride, to 1000 ml of ro/di. and dripped it over a course of 24 hours, I changed out my filter socks from 100 micron to 10 micron. Will keep posting results, If their is any.......

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Hey richie just updated myself with the pics of the tank, looks great btw. i definitely want to see it over my winter break and hopefully i can help with any issues your having. o and for some reason my star polyps kicked the bucket (i know ironic, you cant keep them for the longest time i give you a frag it takes then mine dies... go figure) so i may need a frag of that lol hope you made out well at the swap

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Hey richie just updated myself with the pics of the tank, looks great btw. i definitely want to see it over my winter break and hopefully i can help with any issues your having. o and for some reason my star polyps kicked the bucket (i know ironic, you cant keep them for the longest time i give you a frag it takes then mine dies... go figure) so i may need a frag of that lol hope you made out well at the swap
let me know when you want them, I have fraged so much, their here for you.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
here are some readings from yesterday and today
12/13 / 12/14
phosphate-1.08 / .83
alk-131 / 224
cal-440 / 440
mag-1200 / 1200
ph-8.0 / 8.0
nitrate-45 / 35
what I have done was added 5ml of lanthium chloride to 500ml of ro/di, and dripped over 24 hours.
and had to raise alk, as this dropped it very low. adding another 5ml tonight, and will test again tomorrow.
So far it dropped phosphates by .25 ppm.
If this is the same reading I get tomorrow i should be phosphate clear in 5 days.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
The dosing of Lanthanum chloride, is working. my phosphates have dropped another .34 ppm, their are no signs of distress to corals or fish so far, water seems to have cleared up even more, so i turned back my lighting schedule by 1 hour, just to be safe. So far I have dosed 11ml of Lanthanum chloride.
day 1 was 1ml per 1000ml of ro/di
day 2 was 5ml per 500ml of ro/di
day 3 was 5ml per 500ml of ro/di.
these are my readings as of today.
phosphate-.49
alk-210
cal-440
mag-1200
ph-8.1
nitrate-30

nikko6nv

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What's going on Nick, I'm glad to hear the corals are doing good, why are you starting the pellets?? What is the little munchkin up to, still keeping you up?? I'm going to set up a date for us after the holidays, i'll keep you posted.

She is absolutely beautiful! I use vodka to keep the the levels down, so I wanted the less maintenance carbon source. We'll see! I'm gonna make the transition slow. Enjoy your holidays!

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Here are the rest fluorescence photos. I need to come back for more:)

blasto2.jpg

brain.jpg

chalice2.jpg

kenya.jpg

montipora.jpg

mush.jpg

mushroom.jpg

mushrooms.jpg

torch-1.jpg

zoanthid.jpg

Check my blog post for two free wallpapers

http://www.reefs.com/blog/2011/12/09/free-wallpaper-from-fluorescence-session/

Custom05Taco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wow i finally got to the end but what an amazing build.
Rich back when you had to hire that crane company, have they ever done anything like that before? You must of had to search for one, that would attempt that. That could of been on mega movers on discovery:D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: