• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Okay it's time for another update.
I started dosing Lanthunum Chloride on 12/12/11, diluting 25ml/gallon. and dosing 20 ml/hour. my phosphate readings went from 1.08 - .05. since the dosing began.
Now I have it set to dose 10 ml/hour. and my readings have been stable for the past 2 weeks. I am not running any kind of gfo, and went back to my regular 200 micron socks. I am still running 450 ml of carbon and changing it once a month.
Thanks to my Sulfur Denitrifier, I am able to keep my nitrates down to 5 ppm, and still feed heavy.
I would like to thank greg45 for loaning me his calcium reactor to see if I can keep my alkalinity stable. I have been running it for the past week and all I can say is I should have done this from the beginning, alk is stable at 9 dkh, and calcium is stable at 450.
magnesium is the only thing that seems to fluctuate, maybe I can set up another dosing pump to deliver very small amounts thru out the day.
These are some pics as of today taken with my BB, not the greatest but something I can look back to later.
dosingpumpandlanthanumchloride.jpg

reactors.jpg

leftside1-19-12.jpg

center1-19-12.jpg

rightside1-19-12.jpg

lenghtwise1-19-12.jpg

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I was at Richie's house earlier today and the tank is starting to come up from around the bend really nicely. Was truly amazed by the outstanding coloration coral had compared to the last time I was there.
Keep up the good work buddy. :cheers:

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Wow, I'm 10 days late, my tank just reached a year old, I can tell you I had ups and downs. But I managed to get thru them with the aid of MR, and all the members here.
Here is a pic from February 6th, 2010, when the 450 was born.
\
p2.jpg

and today.
fts2.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: