• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
very nice tank...love the corals.....
i like a bluer spectrum tank...but your tanks is very blue or is it just the camera?
Thanks :) I had 14K Phoenix's when those pics were taken and my camera skills leave a lot to be desired.

Since the last pics were taken I switched bulbs twice, first I tried the 10K Ushio's (250's) for added growth but couldn't stand the yellow coloring. I bought a pair of Iwasaki 14K's at the NJ swap for a fantastic price and am much happier with the whiter color with a hint of blue. I took a couple of weeks to acclimate the corals over to the new lighting but ended up with a major loss (to me) of my favorite leather which I incinerated..you can see it at the top center of the tank in prior pics. I should have moved it lower in the tank during the acclimation. :banghead:

A couple of new wrasses were added (all full on fish now!) and maybe just a few more corals..I could still some rock in there you know! j/k...lol
Some of the pics below were of pieces I already had.

This guy has got to be my absolute favorite. The colors are sureal.
Coris gaimard
You might be hearing more about him soon....
PB040630.jpg

One pic wasn't enough...
FishNov6pt3052.jpg

The other new fellow..Halichoeres ornatissimus..Ornate or Christmas Wrasse. Has been a model citizan since day one, sweet fish.
fishnov6pt2117.jpg

Recently added chalice, I cannot recall who I got it from...(sorry!)
PB040225.jpg

Moved these watermelon chalice frags to a higher location last week and they're taking off in size already
PB040095.jpg

This was a nice little find tonight..in the center of the pic..(it's really small!) is a baby sun coral. Considering this rock has never been near my sun corals, I have to imagine at the one point they were acting weird (a bunch suddenly died off & then I had many new little ones on the original colony)..they must have spawned and this little guy settled here :)
He is on the underside of the rock.
PB080004_01.jpg

Another chalice..at last count I had 12..yikes!
PB040219.jpg

Last one for tonight..FTS with the new bulbs :)
PB070009.jpg

Will be updating the thread on my 33g ricordia cube soon..picked up Aaron's pair of clowns tonight (beyond cute!!) and they deserve an introduction :) Do those guys EVER stop moving?? And you thought these pics were bad..they came out as streaks...lol

Thanks for looking!

....Hey Lissa...wanna trade your photo skills for a mesh cover for your new tank? :rolleyes:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks Randy..I like the color too, now I can see all of those corals in there..yikes!! Where did they come from ...:bigeyes:

I can't believe I forgot to post the pic of the Gonipora..coming soon...:)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Ummmm...yup! :D

fishnov6020.jpg

The pic does it no justice, more like a dark strawberry with slightly lighter centers. Some of the polyps nearer to the bottom have blue tips on them.
The polyps are extending out about 1 1/4" at the longest point to 3/4" near the lower sections. Looks happy so far!
We tried to see if we could frag it somehow but you suggested we don't try, plus the rock is a solid round rock a good 3+ inches in diameter. I did want to try & spread it to a few folks, but you now how temermental they can be to start with...
It's in the center of the FTS. I've been trying to get a decent pic of the yellowtail swiming past it all week..he's just too quick in that area :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks Guys!!

Short update..added an another Exquisite Wrasse (thanks Wille/NYpassat!), he graduated from the QT to the DT a few days ago.
Another pic of my forever in 'pose' mode LMB..
and a frag that I paid a whopping $1 for at the AFISH convention a couple of weeks ago. Darned shame there were no other SW folks to bid against me. Also scored a purple rimmed cap and a green SPS with 'pora' in it's name somewhere..lol.

PB210017.jpg

I'm flying................
PB210008.jpg

PB050054_01-1.jpg

If anyone could ID this, I'd appreciate it!
PB120013.jpg

Thanks for looking!!
Happy Thanksgiving :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: