• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I am an sps guy and for me I have not seen a tank under led that had color that was not fake looking and yes I think in years to come they will get it down but right now they suck and plus I can say it lol

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
yep i know but for now i am sticking with it '
leds suck t5 for life lmfao:fight2:QUOTE=batt600;1150324]You know at one time T5 were getting trashed and thay were saying the same thing..[/QUOTE]

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
and i am not saying it cant be done i here the radion fixture in no joke but only time will tell boys and girls
there is just soming about the way leds make the sps look that i hate jmo
t5 for life or maybe leds in 10 years lol

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Jerl you really hate the LEDs...
I just finish reading this thread and still laughing :)
If you're ever be around bklyn lmk you're more than welcome to stop by and see some of my corals in person cause if I'll take some pics you gonna tell me they are photoshopped ;)

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Cool I will thanks for the offer it not that I hate LEDs it just I have seen a lot of tanks with them on and yes the Los and zoos etc etc look great but the sps are missing something they all looked washed to me
Maybe it's just me ?
Oh wait I don't hate LEDs lmfao

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
From actual pics I can post one right now cause I have it on my photibucket...

acroID.jpg

By the way maybe somebody can help me ID this sps...
When I got it the body was brown only polyps was green now after about 1,5 month all coral turned fluo green in person this frag looking much better...

I'll snap more pics tonight or tomorrow if you want.

Regards
mark

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Cool I will thanks for the offer it not that I hate LEDs it just I have seen a lot of tanks with them on and yes the Los and zoos etc etc look great but the sps are missing something they all looked washed to me
Maybe it's just me ?
Oh wait I don't hate LEDs lmfao

You are absolutely right, T5 are just perfect for sps corals I used to have many LEDs above my tank, from DIY to Reeftech but the last one ruined all colors in my colonies and the only thing feel good under them was Cyanobacterias.
I switched for T5's for about 2-3 months and all colors got back but I had 10x54w unit so my wife wasn't happy paying high coned bills :)
I spend few weeks searching for some different LEDs and decided to try strong multi-chip units as they working little it different than many small 3w LEDs.
So now I have cannons 4x 50w, two 7200K (they saying they are 12000K but thats only what they saying I checked them and they are 7200K) and two 453 nM.
So far corals looks like never before under any of LEDs I used to have before and I don't want to change anything.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
You are absolutely right, T5 are just perfect for sps corals I used to have many LEDs above my tank, from DIY to Reeftech but the last one ruined all colors in my colonies and the only thing feel good under them was Cyanobacterias.
I switched for T5's for about 2-3 months and all colors got back but I had 10x54w unit so my wife wasn't happy paying high coned bills :)
I spend few weeks searching for some different LEDs and decided to try strong multi-chip units as they working little it different than many small 3w LEDs.
So now I have cannons 4x 50w, two 7200K (they saying they are 12000K but thats only what they saying I checked them and they are 7200K) and two 453 nM.
So far corals looks like never before under any of LEDs I used to have before and I don't want to change anything.

Lol what ever floats your boat guys I know what I can do with t5 so your are all welcome to stop by and check them out

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: