• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I use this to reduce moisture in the "cabin"
41YGWJAKJWL._AA280_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
LOL. Sorry.

The plan is to sleep over Friday night and catch the show Saturday from Zachs. After the show we are heading East to a yet to be determined destination on FI.

Look for the 'Family Decision'*:

familydecision.jpg

Jeff

*except now I have a radar dome up top.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Jeff - your pic may be too large to show up.

I'm also making plans also to sleep over at Zachs on Friday night and stay through Saturday, have some other boating friends who are going to be rafting..I hear about 10 of them are going. The place is going to be packed! :splitspin

I'm 'Comfortably Numb' :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Damn hosting company...cheap = slow and undependable :(

lol..actually it's us..there is a size limit on the pics posted here..other wise we'd need a server (?) as big as a house...
Sweet boat btw :)

My plans have changed..since they seem to have trashed the weather forecasts for the weekend. Going to be a tad too chilly for sleeping out & now I see they have taken away the bright sunny skies and changed Fri to a high of 65 with possible showers, party sunny 71 with a shower on Sat.
So...for now, possibly a day trip on Saturday ..if they are wrong...:sigh:

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Look fine to me.

Plus as a boater you have to know by now that you can't trust weatherpeople...either way. We only get 10-12 weeks per season so you need to just point and shoot. A crappy day on the boat beats a beautiful day work or in a shopping mall by a country mile.

Rating - 100%
19   0   1
Hey guys, i got a question for you all. Me and my fisherman buddy are edging to get a fishing boat for a while now, of course we got a budget, so we arent spending 75k on a brand new Grady White, so we're looking at buying a used boat.

My question to you is, what would you look for in a boat when browsing for a buy?
Any input would be really appreciated.

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Buying used in this market gives you tons of options. Where you plan on fishing (i.e. offshore/bay) and with how many guys/gals has a lot to do with what you need.

I've had 2 different 'fishing' boats and I loved them both but they were built for different conditions. My 22' hydrosport was a center console that was great for nooks and crannys in the bay and occasional trips to the cholera banks in perfect conditions but my 30' Proline with twins was great for offshore runs in pretty much anything fishable but couldn't handle the skinny water as well without tapping the bottom.

What are you looking to do?

Jeff

Rating - 100%
19   0   1
hey Jeff,

were mainly planning to go out offshore for the fluke/seabass season just as much as we plan on going to the back bay tracking down bluefish. We dont want a small boat nor do we want a 30 footer, more like around a 20-footer. We're not planning on taking a tuna trip down to the canyons, but we also want to be able to go out there even when there is 6 foot swells.... but with gas prices real high we dont want to go huge. A nice center console would be ideal just for the two of us and maybe another buddy.

The main thing im concerned about is the issue of working hardware. Yeah ive been on boats hundreds of times, but i dont know jack about engine specs, or what to look after when buying a used boat as far as engine condition goes. For instance, is it safe to buy a boat thats 20 years old? or is that a total waste of money?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: