• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
vista needs 15 gigs of free space(ntfs) n 512 ram for install.
it didnt support my tv tuner on my ati all-in-wonder 7500. i also find many antivirus have problems with it. my laptop couldn't audio out. folder permissions r buggy. some security issues need to be added for some install previlges, etc..a few more bugs too :lol:

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i try with 10g n was rejected. 512 is min. req
it only occupies 7, but maybe it needs more during install when decompressing or something of that sort. or maybe bill is trying to squeeze out old drives.
i wonder if i can down size that partition,hmmm...

Last edited:
C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Do a fresh install of XP and wait to upgrade to vista until they release a service pack to fix all the holes in the OS.

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i've been using Vista for my gaming machine, and it does fair well.
I have a duo-core processor, 2gig Ram, 500gig hd, a nvidia 256mb video card. it plays pretty well. I'm currently playing Company of Heros and Prey no problems with either games. I just had to get the game patches.

I would do a clean install to for any computer with Vista.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I just finished with the second fresh install of Vista:irked: The install finishes and I get the log on screen, put in my password and nothing happens.... Called their help desk and the peeps in India tells me to look online for a reset solution :smash: I scream in to the phone: "How the heck am I suppose to get on the internet if I can't log in"

More reason to stick with my MAC, should have used the $45 I paid for Vista on the new MAC office 2007:(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: