• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wait for the first service pack to be released at least, Vista available today computer repair jobs numbering in the hundreds tomorrow.

From my other post in the other thread this is an exact quote from a computer magazine.

"It is better to be a settler and not a pioneer, the pioneers were scalped"

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I was a beta tester. It's a great looking interface, but it's a memory hog. At the time i was testing it, there were limited drivers for our peripherals. Like ChiefmcFuz said if your willing to install it, your going to have a lot of glitches and non working equipment.
I'm psych to install it on my gaming machine, but I'll wait a month to make sure they don't find any major security flaws, as I like to game on line.

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I will wait. Although I always upgrade my OS on the first day it released except Windows 2000. I was actually waited for my Windows95 at midnight release. I was the third on the line, I went to the computer shop around 9pm to line up. Local news crews came out and interviewed the first guy on the line, I was such a nerd. I spend all night to install on my 486DX2 that same night, and I was so happy, LOL.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have it on Order from Dell. My wife purchased me a new computer for christmas - 64 bit dual core, and it came with a free upgrade (Free my a$$ there is a $10 dollar S+H charge). I plan to try and run it in Virtual PC, until I feel comfortable fully installing it.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
what is this windows vista and what does it do ? I have been hearing about it but I haven't looked it up I guess Im too lazy lol.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
vista is bill's os upgrade from xp(6 yrs in the making) n its still not complete.
i'm using it now. but will not be using it as my primary os cause it doesn't support my ati all-in-wonder 7500 mutimedia along with a few other software. lol.
i'm trying to see if i can get a workaround on making my tv tuner to work on it.

warning: make sure your hardware is compatible be4 u decide to upgrade it.

Last edited:

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
i beta tested it and was not impressed. got multiple blue screens of death due to irq conflicts and the system requirements are quite high. I'll stay with XP for a bit longer.

Henrye

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, as long as you don't mind upgrading to 2Gb of memory, a graphics card less than a year old (and even that's questionable), no peripherals to attach, can live without OpenGL support for some games, and have the patience of a saint when running your apps slower than before, I guess a few hundred dollars makes it worth upgrading...:rolleyes:.

I like the interface, but I'm sitting this one out on the sidelines for the dust to clear before visiting the MS on line store with my cc.:scratchch

Henry

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
i think i'm going to take the plunge, with all the deep discounts on the OS, I'll just buy it now and wait for the service patch to be issued B4 i install. :)

If Bill Gates follows all his previous M.O.'s then as he starts recovering his R & D investment (supposedly $1 billion) then the prices will begin to fall. Well below current discounts. JMO

swimmer

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Windows vista released tuesday, computer repair shops and customer service lines make killing wednesday!

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I just ordered one for $45 with a family discount, should I cancel the order? My P4 2.2 ghz is about 3 years old, it has 1.5G of mem and a dual DVI head ATI card, you guys think the OS will not have native support for my hardware?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: