• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's direct traffic away from genitalia and back towards gonipora... :)
that's the best tie-between I could come up with on a second's notice.

I was thinking about those 5th graders hopping on here after they get out of school to read about our nano ideas....
Brandon M.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prob. I enjoyed following that link over to the engineer goby and hadn't seen one that big before. Can you imagine the dust cloud that guy would kick up doing his natural duties? Wrecking a sandbed was an understatement I bet...but then again I've never had one of those to know all their ins and outs.

And I'm also thinking of the sheer biological support (feeding/waste) requirements of that much actual living tissue...even if he stood still all day it seems one feeding event and one waste event would completely tax all the filtration of the common nano. I think I should go back and re-read the size and params of the tank we are talking about...
B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon,

the fish in the picture was one of two in a "not so" nano tank. I'm thinking it was around 40 to 55g but Dizzy would have to chime in as to the true size of the tank. Back when that fish was alive, I thought they looked a lot bigger, and now it just looks like mine.

Mine is approx. the same size in a 29g with 11g of actual sump volume. I don't feed that much, but let me tell you (or not) about waste events. :oops: I'll just say it's not pretty, but really isn't all that bad either. :oops: Dog doesn't make dust storms, but he does a good imitation of a bull dozer. One one side of the tank the sand is about 1-1 1/2" deep on the other side it's any where from 4-5".

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: