• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

McReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Im wondering lately where all my fish have been lately , One by one just vanishing. So last night stayed up and with lights out was just watching the tank for a hour. All of a sudden I find this climbing from rock to rock. Almost @$#% myself

Well after half a day digging out rocks , I Finally found him and put him in a bucket. Check it out

Attachments

• fish 036.jpg
    fish 036.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 514

McReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what Im gonna do with it yet, but Ill let you know. As far as size ,Its a little larger then a hand fully extended

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that's awesome, though sorry for the fish loss.

I'm not sure how long he will last in a bucket? maybe someone else with more octo experience could give advice.

fwiw if your not going to set up a tank for him I'd trade it to Domboski, he's an expert at keeping hard to keep species and oddball critters.

good luck with him, please keep us updated if you keep him :squid: :)

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Once he's got the taste and realized that fish were an easy meal,,,, It's a rap..
That guy's going to have to be in a species only tank.. I can get you crabs for him if you want.. That's their normal diet.. I gave my last one up when I switched set-ups..
Good luck with it, they stress out very easily in a bucket.. But that won't hold it for long anyway...

Josh

in the coral sea...
Vendor
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
It needs a tank with a good amount of water, lots of oxygenation, and a lid. You can't keep it in a bucket for long. Give it to someone on this site who has experience keeping one. Looks like a vulgaris to me.

Do you know what it came in on? Did you add any live rock recently and if so, where did you get it?

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
change out the water every few hours if your gonna keep it there till you give it away =0) Very nice find. Dom is a great person to give it to, if not i don't know if Prattreef has his tank still running and ready for another octo but he might also be interested.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: