• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
WOW I just finished reading all 14 pages lol DAMN my eyes hurt lol. Well here are my comments since I am a newly online store soon. Sean is a awesome guy I know people that know him and and everyone alwasy hasnice things to say about him and his business. As for LFS there are ALOT of expenses other then what the corals and fish cost them. It is NOT cheap at all to run a store in NY. As for customer service being poor thats just crappy business. I can get things cheaper then my frined that has a storefront sometimes. There is no real markup on drygoods. One of my distributors is PA and theres things that they sell is the same price that I get it from them for. They are such a BIG business that they order by the pallets loads from places so its that much more cheapre for them then say me or Sean or Ronan. Roe my man you should of seen the salt thing coming bro that salt is meant for store use only brother. Owners of companies will do anything to keep others from slicing there throats as much as they can. I know of a few people that have had stores combine together to run them out. Its messed up but thats there livelyhood there looking after. This is a lose lose topic nothing will change from people bitching lol just stop going to these stores support the ones you like like Ronan Tony Sean hopefully me lol.
Nick

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
nyfireman3097 said:
WOW I just finished reading all 14 pages lol DAMN my eyes hurt lol. Well here are my comments since I am a newly online store soon. Sean is a awesome guy I know people that know him and and everyone alwasy hasnice things to say about him and his business. As for LFS there are ALOT of expenses other then what the corals and fish cost them. It is NOT cheap at all to run a store in NY. As for customer service being poor thats just crappy business. I can get things cheaper then my frined that has a storefront sometimes. There is no real markup on drygoods. One of my distributors is PA and theres things that they sell is the same price that I get it from them for. They are such a BIG business that they order by the pallets loads from places so its that much more cheapre for them then say me or Sean or Ronan. Roe my man you should of seen the salt thing coming bro that salt is meant for store use only brother. Owners of companies will do anything to keep others from slicing there throats as much as they can. I know of a few people that have had stores combine together to run them out. Its messed up but thats there livelyhood there looking after. This is a lose lose topic nothing will change from people bitching lol just stop going to these stores support the ones you like like Ronan Tony Sean hopefully me lol.
Nick
Let me clear something up plz ,I for one like Sean and tony ,(aquatic creations and reef Exotic ) one of the best store ive seen ...I bought from both of them when i was a hobbiest and still buy every now and then ,they are not included on this Thread
Nick you are the man as well ,you got good stuff and good deals too

Last edited:

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thank you Ro ;) I am just sayin screw them do what you wanna do and enjoy doing it. Screw thpse stores that did what they did. Us on this board are diffreent from others in this hobby we actually know each other and rely on each other and do for each other. Lets just make sure we keep that up :)

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
nyfireman3097 said:
Thank you Ro ;) I am just sayin screw them do what you wanna do and enjoy doing it. Screw thpse stores that did what they did. Us on this board are diffreent from others in this hobby we actually know each other and rely on each other and do for each other. Lets just make sure we keep that up :)
Always :grouphug:

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I too at this point would trust Nick, Ronen, Tony, and Sean.
They are all stand-up people and are involved on MR and actually care about the hobby. Unlike LFS, they are not just looking for a quick buck but rather a sucessful and happy hobbyist that will come back for more.
:grouphug:

Here Here for our MR Vendors!

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I wish I could afford more stock and get better prices for guys but i cant i get my little discount then on top of that shipping and then th 3% paypal fee its not that much of a discount anymore lol I had someone ask about Miricle Mud when i checked my price for it from PA it was more then what htey sell it for online lol i emailed them about it and they said they dont have much of a markup on it so they cant do any better then what they do now :(

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
Well now that this is out ,I will reopen this thread ,and see if after this you guy have the same outcome on the LFS that you pay big money too
Im am a bit pissed off so i cant say nice word abou them anyomore

But this is the reason why this thread was started by me,Which may had made some enemies but that good ,only shows me that they are scared of what i can do.
LFS ,lets have some fun ,I lost money ,Lets see how much i can make you loss ,Hmm ,you are public store right ,whoich means anyone cn walk in ,HMM wonder if i have some friends out there that might wantto help out ,HMM Il lthink about it ..But remeber you guys(lfs ) have lots and i mean lots more to loss then i do ,,

well guess what ,,I wiil soon give up all the wholesale prices to the members on MR ,so they will know exactly how you pay for thing ,and they will deside where to by from ,I will now make it my business to break every singlew one of you 1 by 1 by chopping my prices down next to nothing.
Wel ldont be surprised on what i have to say in the future.It wont be nice

Hi, I'm new to the board although I have been a member for a while, just never posted...

I'm sorry, I have to comment on this thread. Just a couple of things (excuse the spelling)...

#1 Deepwater, are you threatening someone or something with that post? And then you expect people to come buy stuff from you? I was going to come look at your stock but I don't think so anymore. You seem to be implying something nasty here. Unecessary.

#2 I worked for a LFS you all know very well in NYC. I fed fish for people, whether they ask or not, whether they KNOW it or not. I offer information I SHOULDN'T that could have gotten me fired. (Almost did once when a customer I told in confidence about a blown out chiller on a system ratted me out to get his money back on a coral that died... in his 2.5 gallon tank!!!) I told people what corals were healthy and what was not. I told newbies don't buy a goniopora, don't buy orange spot file fish, etc etc, don't do this, don't do that. Not everyone who works in a LFS is an idiot or is nasty. But you try helping 40 people a day with 400 questions, screaming kids, bad attitudes, and all that and be cheery after 11 hours. LFS employees don't get paid much. It's their fault, yeah, because they decided to work in the hobby they love. Well, they are idiots, I'm one. But you want educated and experienced help when you go to a LFS, right? My knowledge is worth what? To the LFS owner, not much when he can get a kid out of high school for $6 an hour, or an immigrant for $3 an hour. ( I kid you not, I have heard some horror stories)

#3 Why are the prices so high? Lemme ask you something... why the heck would I buy 50 blood shrimp? So I can have a store full of blood shrimp? So I can give you a deal? And when/if you come in and see bloodshrimp at a great price of 20$... you ask me if you can get a discount if you buy TWO? Holy guacamole!

Why are this guys prices so cheap, you might ask, compared to that guy? Well, wonder what happens to that LFS that brings in 200 purple tangs so he can sell them for 29.99? How many of those fish die? How are those fish are kept? ****, you think that store goes out of their way to feed those tangs the proper diet, live ogo algae, and puts selcon/vitamin supplements in their food? Ya think this guy gives a crap about whether a purple tang lives or die? They probably don't. They simply want to have a cheap price. And do you THINK that they tell their cutomers DON'T buy this because it gets too big or is too hard to keep? Will they stop you from putting that cheap purple tang in your 29 gallon reef? HA HAAAAA! Yeah, keep buying from those places.

Granted, LFS prices can be a little high. But you have to keep things in perspective. Lets see...

Rent
Insurance
Advertising
Water
Electricity
Phones
Employees
Taxes
Supplies/fish food
Theft
Death/DOA's
... etc etc etc

Walk into your local LFS and think about that. Look around you at all that stock, dry, live, the lights, the chillers, the whole deal. It ain't free.

#4 Understand, I see a guy post a threat against a mom and pop pet shop, I get a little ticked off. I completely understand that people get upset if they feel they are being cheated by their LFS or overcharged. But it is not an easy business. I still don't think you should cheat your customers. I can't, it isn't in me. I'm rambling....

#5 In closing, support you local LFS. You know whose a good guy and who is out to simply take your money and doesn't care about you. There really isn't much more to say. I mean, I understand why if you live in Queens or are on a tight budget, you will go to Fishtown and buy that cheap fish as opposed to travel to Brooklyn to get a healthier fish for more money. That's life.

I went off on many tangents there... touchy subject.

End------ And also I'd like to throw in, yes, I will be opening a store soon in Brooklyn, New York. Brick and mortar. It's gonna be rough. I don't even need to do it. I can go get a job at Petco and be just fine. But I love this hobby. This is what I do. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

If you ever shopped at that LFS where the guy fed the clownfish for you without asking and picked you out the best ones and pointed out sick fish and was honest, that was me. Even when I had 50 other fish freaks on my back, I took the time to talk to you for a 20$ sale while my manager/boss was giving me the cut throat sign to drop your ass right then and there and go help another customer. That was me. Expect the same service, whether I am swimming in the $$$ or eating turtle pellets for dinner. Cuz thats how I roll.

-Peace, respek, and learn from what has been told today. Big ups!

Taso

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taso
Welcome to Manhattan Reef

When you need something at a cheaper price you can PM ,

#1 Deepwater, are you threatening someone or something with that post? And then you expect people to come buy stuff from you? I was going to come look at your stock but I don't think so anymore. You seem to be implying something nasty here. Unecessary
,,THATS A BIG NOPE

But if you still ask me about most LFS ,i still say they suck .Overpriced ,Giving wok ifno to customers ,sel BS equitment because it cheaper for them to buy and so on

this is coming from a guy who happened to srcewed by over $10000 from a LFS ,got sold a Black sunpolyp for $110 that i sell today for $10 to $40 for the same pc i bought for $110

So from me to you ,Enjoy paying over priced corals ,As you can see lots of ppl buy from me ,Regradless of this thread .If you want anything you now where to find me :hug:

As for now ,Enjoy the site
Try to make friends on here it a good way to go :D

Last edited:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want me to prove my point
Im more then happy to pick ya up ,and drive a to few LFS ask pricing info and all .see what we come up with ,then we can repost your thoughts

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zenfish said:
Ronen, I am not here to bash you. Just to point out the other side of the coin. Regardless, we just got off the phone with each other and are cool like cats.

Big ups!

-Taso

I know :thrash: :thrash:
when you coming by for a drink ,I got grey goose and jack D .oh yeah remi too

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zenfish said:
Ronen, I am not here to bash you. Just to point out the other side of the coin. Regardless, we just got off the phone with each other and are cool like cats.

Big ups!

-Taso

I know :thrash: :thrash:
when you coming by for a drink ,I got grey goose and jack D .oh yeah remi too

Kasei ,Rich and Herman ,I got your glasses here as well

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
108   0   0
DaRealDvs1 said:
May I add......that the post you questioned about being threatening, was posted when a situation was unfolding.

Deep can fill you in on that.

I did ,Zen fish and I spoke on the phone ,so now he has to come by and have a drink

I also gave him the scoop on that and my typing ,so he know i suck at typing and expressing myself on a comp ,as far as what happened with LFS ,that over and done with.:D

So if anyone needs LIVESTCK ,lmk

Ronen

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
108   0   0
:bump: for Awilda ,,,but you comments here :)

well i guess FT as made ther way up to the top of this thread :D

Yes i care less about bashing them

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I dont think you should use that word CLASS with Fish town or Catfish ,I really think they have no Class what so ever ;)

I was hoping people would be able to see what the truth was.
We don't really need to say anything, in the linked thread catfish did all the talking that was needed. It would be nice if none of our members ever gave them a dime again.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was hoping people would be able to see what the truth was.
We don't really need to say anything, in the linked thread catfish did all the talking that was needed. It would be nice if none of our members ever gave them a dime again.

youre right i wont say another word abou tthem ,aside taht they really suck :lol2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: