Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just googled "Natural gas conversion for generator" and came up with this. I am not sure if this is the exact one I have, but I think they are all similar.
http://www.propane-generators.com/
You give them your make and model number and they send it to you for your machine. It just bolts to your carburator. It took me about 30 minutes for the installation which is simple. I start my generator on gasoling because it is easier to start like that, then I shut off the gasoline valve and just before it stalls, I open the gas valve and it keeps running.

Dimitrios91

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just googled "Natural gas conversion for generator" and came up with this. I am not sure if this is the exact one I have, but I think they are all similar.
http://www.propane-generators.com/
You give them your make and model number and they send it to you for your machine. It just bolts to your carburator. It took me about 30 minutes for the installation which is simple. I start my generator on gasoling because it is easier to start like that, then I shut off the gasoline valve and just before it stalls, I open the gas valve and it keeps running.

That's awesome, appreciated. Yeah I wonder if the spark plug causes that initial startup issue. Being to hot or not hot enough. Thank you for the link

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm in Florida and the house lost power 4hrs ago. Apparently several houses loss power as well in the neighborhood.
Emergency measures all working okay. I got Apex Fusion alert, I got legacy Apex alert because I monitor power loss on 2nd EB8, and I got reeftronics alert.

Apex, modem, and router is on UPS. The 2 Vortechs are on 3 battery backups. I'm just worried about the heaters...hopefully power is restored soon and temp swing won't be too much.

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'm in Florida and the house lost power 4hrs ago. Apparently several houses loss power as well in the neighborhood.
Emergency measures all working okay. I got Apex Fusion alert, I got legacy Apex alert because I monitor power loss on 2nd EB8, and I got reeftronics alert.

Apex, modem, and router is on UPS. The 2 Vortechs are on 3 battery backups. I'm just worried about the heaters...hopefully power is restored soon and temp swing won't be too much.

How are you making out???

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
How are you making out???

Still in Florida for a few more days. Power was restored 4hrs later. The tank temperature dropped 3 degrees during this time from 78 to 75. Still within acceptable range, but the drop and then rise in temp might not be good for some things.

There was still flow because the 2 Vortechs are connected to 3 battery backups, which can probably run for 2 days.
My concern would be if the temp had dropped even more and then figuring out a way to gradually raise the temp back when power is restored.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I hear ya about the nightmares, I was thinking Sandy all over again when they first forecasted the storm. It should pass us but a few friends of mine on Staten Island already lost power today with just the regular storm going on. In this hobby with the amount of money and time we spend on our animals it's foolish not to be ready.

atriz

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEAT. during sandy this happened to me and i in increments poored boiling water in to the tank. PLEASE make sure no fish are in the immediate vicinity where the water is going. it will immediately dilute and become non boiling dont worry but it does help keep temperature high

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: