• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I wouldn't do it if I were you. You live in a pretty old building if you live down the block from me (yep we live in the same neighborhood) and the tub structure will not support upwards of 600 lbs of continuous weight for a long period of time. Couple that with saltwater wood rot and 78 degree humidity and viola', instant crash and eviction.

But people told me not to put my tank on wheels sooooo..

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
You guys crack me up. I was skewled by the renegades we don't even know what boxes are to think outside of. Im trying to run circles around everyone!

Im ordering the tanks tomorrow and already made a sketch and parts list so fun will begin soon. Might just might use the basement if the room mates are cool with it.

ricwilli

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
WOW! I'm starting to believe my wife when she says "I'm CRAZY" with the things I do in this hobby. I guess this hobby really does make people crazy. I'll subscribe when you start your build.

WAIT!!!!...... If I subscribe, that will officially make me CRAZY.....

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
Very interesting idea but it may be more problematic than you think. Setting the sump in the tub is one thing but setting up 4 point braces on the ledges of the tub may not be a good idea (depends on the size of the tank i guess). You're distributing the load but on the vertical sides of the tub which are not designed to sustain loads for a prolonged period of time. This may end up cracking your tub over time depending on the material; from the photo it doesn't appear to be a cast iron tub. If you're the landlord and are in love with this idea, you could always open small holes in the walls and support it to the interior framing (more of a permanent setup).

Also agree with what a couple other people said, what about mildew forming on your tile grout and ceiling paint from all the evaporation? All the particles from cleaning products? Sharticles???

I wouldn't do it. But if you do..please post pics

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: