• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
If you guys are not to comfy paying out the nose for electricity than maybe you should consider doing what I did!!

I have a friend that sells electricity and he took my bill and reduced it by giving me a lower rate!! I was paying 12% on top of the delivery fee! What I didn't know was that you can buy your electricity from another company and nothing changes except for your rate! I hated giving con Ed my money as the summer heated up and my tank temps would rise forcing me to run my a.c. All day even when I was out!.

So I joined veridian and it's the same thing but for less, I now have a charge of 8% versus 12% and it's locked and fixed in place so you won't get roped by con Ed and that stupid line about prices changing due to the demands of every month!!!!! What a scam !!! They Realy rip people off!!! So now I still get a bill from con Ed and all services handled by con Ed but my provider is different and I am not so scared to turn on my ac and run my tank at full blast anymore !.

Check veridian out on you tube if you want and if you wanna switch and save money feel free to give me a shout .

jpellica

AKA Fraghunter
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
so your total savings on 100 bucks is 4 dollars. WOW you must be at the BMW dealer as we speak. Just kidding!!! what works I think in the long run its all the same were screwed by the Utility company and cable providers.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
No my friend is the associate, I'm not into that stuff I just wanted to pay less and your right I looked into it and didn't even know I could switch electric provider!! And your right there are other companies that offer different rates I always had the assumption that I was stuck with con Ed , kind of like how certain cable providers have different turfs on lockdown

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Yeah, we have LIPA and they suck!!! My bill was $380 last month and Im not even running a tank yet!!!

Yeah look into that , I mean less is always better, shop the utilities and lower your rates , it's like car insurance! But if you shop out all your utilities and total up the savings , you may just be surprised how much more reef supply you can get out of it!!!!!

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Lipa blows getting LEDs did cut my bill in half though

thats because you were running those crazy MH fixtures man.! haha

Hey every 3 months that pays for a new rodi filter lol , I switched to fios as well and between those two things I'm Saving 112 bucks. In this hobby every dollar counts!! And I'm at the mazarati dealership sucka lol

Maserati dealership? ehh its alright but Aston Martin all the way. lol

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
http://www.greenmountain.com/

I just started looking into these guys just recently after hearing about a discounted rate for businesses. I also hear that their residential rates are lower than con ed. Might be something to look into.

I've seen their booths around the neighborhood. Didn't think much about it until my storefront tenant told me he was going to change over to them for the discount and because its clean energy and I might want to think about doing the same for the building.

Psht Aston Martin....

Maybach.png

Last edited:

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
http://www.greenmountain.com/

I just started looking into these guys just recently after hearing about a discounted rate for businesses. I also hear that their residential rates are lower than con ed. Might be something to look into.

I've seen their booths around the neighborhood. Didn't think much about it until my storefront tenant told me he was going to change over to them for the discount and because its clean energy and I might want to think about doing the same for the building.

Psht Aston Martin....

Maybach.png
Does anyone know if you switched already? can you switch again? I think when i switched they only gave me a discount for the first few months.

maybach? thats for older people. im only 33 man. Maybach isnt even the same category from maserati and aston martin.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Maybachs are for being driven around in but Ariel Atom V8 is a car to drive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WaWoo82zNUA

and that video is just the V6

come on, lets be realistic. Ariel Atom? that's not a legitimate "car". Its a modified go cart. a 7 person company is building frames and putting other manufacturers motors in them and adding supercharges and what not.

Maybach, Aston Martin, Maserati, Bentley, Ferrari. we are talking about mainstream legitimate cars.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
If you guys are not to comfy paying out the nose for electricity than maybe you should consider doing what I did!!

I have a friend that sells electricity and he took my bill and reduced it by giving me a lower rate!! I was paying 12% on top of the delivery fee! What I didn't know was that you can buy your electricity from another company and nothing changes except for your rate! I hated giving con Ed my money as the summer heated up and my tank temps would rise forcing me to run my a.c. All day even when I was out!.

So I joined veridian and it's the same thing but for less, I now have a charge of 8% versus 12% and it's locked and fixed in place so you won't get roped by con Ed and that stupid line about prices changing due to the demands of every month!!!!! What a scam !!! They Realy rip people off!!! So now I still get a bill from con Ed and all services handled by con Ed but my provider is different and I am not so scared to turn on my ac and run my tank at full blast anymore !.

Check veridian out on you tube if you want and if you wanna switch and save money feel free to give me a shout .

I friend of mine sent me an online invitation for an energy provider called Ambit. He swears by it, saying hes getting a pretty good rate (locked) I haven't done it yet but will look into it now that you've done and are saving money on your electric bill.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: