• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

How many LEDs are in the cluster of these new AIs? It looks like just 5 no? How many of these do you guys think would be good for a 210? Appareantly an AI Nano Sol Blue can cover a tank as large as 50g so figure these new fixtures are 2 nanos in 1 meaning it should be good enough for around 100g although I know it all depends on dimensions but figure if I have 3 of these fixtures that would be enough for 300. Kinda debating if I should buy these new AIs

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It seems to me like AI toook Vortech and everyone else by surprise with the (relatively) low price on these. I like the red and green LEDs on the Vortech model but I see no reason why the Vortech would be worth 50% ($250) more than these. The biggest advantage I see is that the Vortechs can be synched with your MPs. AI did a great job with these from what I have seen.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
It seems to me like AI toook Vortech and everyone else by surprise with the (relatively) low price on these. I like the red and green LEDs on the Vortech model but I see no reason why the Vortech would be worth 50% ($250) more than these. The biggest advantage I see is that the Vortechs can be synched with your MPs. AI did a great job with these from what I have seen.

What have you seen?

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just got off the phone with AI Tech support. They say that the nano is good for soft coral and lps in a small tank like a 34 solana. They have a nano on a 50 cube right now and say that the soft corals are thriving. Sps and large tanks should be lit by the sol unit.

Just an FYI for the people thinking about these units.

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Can I do 1 sol over a 40 breeder sps?

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

If you do one unit over your 40 gallon you most likely will not be able to keep corals at the ends of the tank. If you do not want to be limited on where you can place your coral buy two units. I used two Sol Blue's over my 50 breeder and it worked perfectly. My clams, sps and a BTA were all happy until the tank sprung a leak :tired:.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: