• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Deep Dive Coral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
hey everyone i ordered my new soldering station and fans for the heatsinks. also received the screws and washers today. i should be getting the heatsinks and the flat selftapping screws tomorrow and then comes the fabrication part. start laying out the fram to the heatsinks. pictures will be here tomorrow when the heatsinks arrive.

Deep Dive Coral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
http://www.cdiweb.com/
if you want to call here is the phone number. 800-303-6440 ext.4130. the womans name is kristi goldberg. really nice woman.
Where did you buy the drivers from? I'll need 4 more soon of the D versions.
If you drill, get the self tapping screws. You need to get an exact match between the drill bit and the self tapping screws, otherwise the head of the screw will just pop off if its too tight. You still should use epoxy when tapping, just not the adhesive epoxy. The adhesive will harden up and will be very hard to remove if you ever need to replace or want to swap out LED colors.
Since you have a 125, which standard is 5 foot long with 2 center braces, I would separate it out into 3 fixtures, so 40 bulbs each fixture (You can actually run 13 on each driver so I would probably do 39 bulbs each fixture to save money and time on drivers, 5 rows of 8 LED's with the very center bulb missing)

Deep Dive Coral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
i just received my heatsinks in today.
here are some pictures:
IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
$3.50 per LED for CREEs, that's a great price as everywhere else is almost double with the focal lens. These are mounted to the star and not loose bulk?

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well, you need to be very careful about ordering cree from an unknown source. I hope you didn't order them from Not My Hero internet store, don't want to name names. The royal blue cree from a recent group buy at the other site turned south bc the royal blue leds from them don't have the same color bin as the typical one you get from like rapidled. They are off so much that they look more like a greenish-blue leds and are useless for our purpose if you use them alone with CW. If they are indeed blue cree instead, you can experiment by mixing them with royal blue and see if you like the color better than the typical CW and RB mix (becasue the blue leds are supposed to supplement the lack of cyan spectrum of the CW/RB mix).

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
i will show pics of the leds once i get them.
i started building the frame. will show pics in a little bit

You won't be able to tell the difference in the color bin of cree just by looking at the led stars. You have to run them in your tank and have someone familiar with the color of royal blue look at it if you have any doubts before you finish your whole array.

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The link to nanoreef shows that you are going to wire the leds parallel. Are you intentionally wiring them this way? You should go in series.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: