BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Can someone identify these flatworms on my torch. How can I treat that? I'm Dipping my torches in coral rx and brushing the base with a tooth brush. Can someone identify it please and best treatment. Thank you
20220407_154059.jpg
20220407_154033.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
i had flat worms on my new LPS, didn't ID the species, so I started looking up ultra reef safe wrasses, and found the pink stripe, possum and yellow cories wrasses to be suitable for biological control. While I was searching for fish locally in stores, turns out my dragonettes took care of them, within a few weeks. I have a pair of both spotted dragonettes and scooter blennies with them, not sure which species ate them. (my mandarin pair is in the main display, but I think they will eat them also). The initial problem I had, was the dragonettes would eat all the flatworms off rocks and dirty glass, but they wouldn't go over the LPS head. Well given time, they did.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
These seem to be much more prevalent in recent months.

I don't know of a specific cure for them, but a melanurus wrasse is your best defense against random flatworms. They are great reef fish in general.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
These seem to be much more prevalent in recent months.

I don't know of a specific cure for them, but a melanurus wrasse is your best defense against random flatworms. They are great reef fish in general.

My last melnarus decimated my clean up crew. That's the only concern

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: