• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Nice looking tank! I know how it is with those darn phosphates! I just cant get rid of them. Not even really sure where they are coming from.

My Harlequins would love a chance to get at your Asterinas too
Thank you.
I have been fighting my phosphate since 1/2010, for some reason can't get them down below .35 (yes .35). even after my tank transfer. and you are more then welcome to my Asterinas, i scrape them off once a month.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Staten Island may be a bit of a drive for some Asterinas :)

Last time I tested (Saturday) my Phosphates were .52. No idea how or why. I cut back feeding a lot, used Poly Pads and Chemi-Pure Elite, chaeto. Nothing will bring it down. I have been thinking about a phosphate reactor but it's just a little 30 nano and I wasn' looking to go crazy with it. Doesn't really seem to be hurting anything though.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Staten Island may be a bit of a drive for some Asterinas :)

Last time I tested (Saturday) my Phosphates were .52. No idea how or why. I cut back feeding a lot, used Poly Pads and Chemi-Pure Elite, chaeto. Nothing will bring it down. I have been thinking about a phosphate reactor but it's just a little 30 nano and I wasn' looking to go crazy with it. Doesn't really seem to be hurting anything though.
tried everything you have mentioned, I even did a 50% water change, to see if it came down 50%, but nothing, so far thank god I have sps living in their with no ill affects. So i'm just going to leave it where it is.

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
sweet build thread. tank is looking great. as far as phosphates, what test are u using? also , i see saw in the beginning of the setup that what looks like some sort of plastic barrel under there. is that for ATO? it might be from your ATO container. sometimes they leach phos.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
sweet build thread. tank is looking great. as far as phosphates, what test are u using? also , i see saw in the beginning of the setup that what looks like some sort of plastic barrel under there. is that for ATO? it might be from your ATO container. sometimes they leach phos.
Thank you
test were done with Salifert, Hanna, and Lamott. Top off is fed into a diy rubbermaid container that contains my Kalkwasser, then to an electronic selonoid. to my sump. Salt water is mixes in a 44 gallon brute container.
The buckett you see is just to elevate the diy container

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Hey rich i gotta tell you buddy you were born for reefing pal straight natural at it by the looks of your tank great pics but i didnt see your achilies tang?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: