• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
When I put in a leopard wrasse, my male flashed at her a couple of times and then left her alone. My female immediately started going after the leopard wrasse. I put a clear plastic barrier in my tank to separate the two in hopes that they would get used to each other and the female pylei jumped OVER the barrier to try and disembowel the female leopard. So, I think this is a resounding yes. I would not even attempt to add another wrasse after this experience, even in a larger tank. My female leopard now resides in Jonathan's tank and is fat and happy.

Dom (domboski) suggested a small filefish, which may be what I go with if I can find one small enough. I am not sure I want to add another fish though.

Last edited:

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
i have those in my tank and the harlequins do not eat them..they are too small...most of the time only the arms stick out...but if u lift up a rock u will see one scurry and hide....and no they arent micro at all...

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
My Harlequins never ate brittles either. If you want to borrow my filefish for a week or so you can. This way you don't have to worry about keeping it longterm. When I added the filefish into my system the bristleworm and brittle star population was nearly gone within a week. I posted a "guess who" thread on MR somewhere talking about it.

Your call though. Just let me know.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: