• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

E

erik2003

I am trying to complete my tank's "appearance" and get it up and running (as a complete aqua scene)(the tank is established, but just has live rock and fish).

I am looking to purchase various colored corals. Money is tight, so I would like to request, that pieces at about $10 each so I can get this tank finished. I think I can put three to six pieces in there.

I am particularly searching for the colored Monti Cap, and colored acropora corals, specifically, but not limited to that. I have enough "green (algae film on the LR) and "brown" and would like some, blue, purple and reds. If you have other suggestions please advise and I can do my research. I have not had the opportunity to get to Island Reef and Fin but I plan on it as soon as Valentines Day is over.

I have a 29 gal, with a semi-larger bio load on it (fish and a small snowflake eel) , and I would like to get a few corals in there to add color and finish the appearance. The tank has a 250w MH Iwasaki and a PC bulb.

Thanks for your attention. I can start purchasing them after the February 19th.

PS If you have an of the small "pods" and sand critters (small worms) please let me know.

Thanks again.

eghatchny

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erik,

Would you consider buying from Aquaprop.com? I'm looking for people to split the shipping with. You can get 1-8 different corals for $42.00. I just bought 4 frag last week and they're pretty good. The more people, the cheaper the shipping is. Let me know. Thanks.

Josh

in the coral sea...
Vendor
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Erik,

I recommend starting with something other than Acros and Montis. They are on the difficult end of the spectrum, if your water conditions are not nearly pristine it will be a waste of money.

It is a much better idea to start with some soft corals or LPS to make sure your tank is ready to handle it.

I have some mushrooms and anthelia available in the Marketplace on this site.

Also I am selling bags of caulerpa which have a good deal of copepods and small shrimp.

Best of luck with the changes to the tank!

-Josh

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Erik,

I agree with Josh. Start with the soft corals or LPS. Especially since you're on a tight budget, you don't want to start off with SPS that may die on you.

Most soft corals are pretty hardy and for color, try Zoanthids & mushrooms. Once you get the 'hang' of maintaining corals then buy an SPS to see how it goes.

Michael

David

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
I have some Spegatti Macro that if you pick up I'll sell for $10 a bag and if you like I could take some LS from my tank at $2 lb. Also I have some decent kenya tree frags. I could also sell you frags of purple tip Monti digitata and a light brown monti digitata that grows like a weed. I also have a green monti plate but recently its been acting oddly so I think for now its probly not a good idea to frag it out.You can email me at [email protected] if interested.

[ February 09, 2004, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: David ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: