• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Here is a new wrasse that I got from Jim... Now if only I could remember what its called.

wrasse.jpg

sanjay

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Macropharyngnodon Xenojoulis female

Attached are the original pictures I took when we go them in July 2009. The Male (in green) was sold to stoneriff (Jesse) and I have had the female ever since - that's one heck of a QT :)

Glad it's doing well - I know the radiants are enjoying their new home :)

House

Attachments

• Xeno_female_3.jpg
    Xeno_female_3.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 614
  • Xeno_male_1.jpg
    Xeno_male_1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Just could not resist posting a picture of the Belgian MILKA... Now you guys just need to get Randy and Jim to grow it out for you :)

Milka.jpg

named after the Chocolate... for its color that is just like the one on the wrapper.

milkacaramel.jpg

sanjay.

Hot looking! Is this a pocillopora or stylophora?

ROGERWILCO357

michigan reefer sps
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any pics of the bugs alive

nice shot of the eggs what lense did you use to get that macro shot and do you have any of the mother that laid them?

HGH.. now those are fighting words. !!!

Who needs HGH, when the corals are already growing well.

I too am amazed that I managed to outgrow a tank this size in a year. Upgrade.. now that may be way more than I can afford, since it might involve being thrown out of the house.

I think randy and I have foiund the key to a successful tank... AEFW !! Once the corals grow to a certain size and they get hit with flatworms they grow faster to stay ahead of the damage the flatworms may cause. How is that for a hypotheses. ?

Seriously, I did get the dreaded flatworms and I am living with them. Other than a few initial corals that became a victim before I realized what was going on, I have not torn down my tank to rid of them. If you want to see the mother lode of all AEFW eggs here is a picture.

aefw-eggs-1-100907.gif

On the bright side of things, I can finally trade with Randy !!

sanjay.

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that I did not miss this, but is there a link to the build thread where Sanjay showed us how to build the pillars or islands of rock? I thought that I read some where that he had a thread on that. If anyone knows where that is, I would really appreciated it. I looked in the DIY and did not see it, but then again, it's late and could have missed it. Sweet tank! I am setting up a new tank and looking for new ideas. Man, did I find some!

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! How did you keep all the SPS growing and thriving? Mine turned white under my T5 lighting and I think my tank water is too dirty for SPS also.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
A very nice honor Sanjay - congrats!

I especially liked this quote
The majority of the coral in my tank have a story and a connection to people, places and friends I got them from and serve as repository of memories.

Pearly Weed Wrasse eh? Sweet fish :fish:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: