• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

wade":h8c0gy2c said:
Nice pic Louey!

Wade

[little girl]
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk
[/little girl]

That was just mean!! 8O 8O 8O :P

TrevorRobertson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharkky":22nv2dzw said:
Very nice shot, Trevor!! What kind of equipment were you shooting for that shot? What zoom, did you use a tripod, etc?

Well thanks, I am blushing now...

well the camera was hand held I, was standing half in a large bush in my back yard, as I had been watching this dragon fly for about 10 minutes but everytime I got close it took off. He then landed right in-front of me! I was using a Canon G5 at about half zoom in auto mode, with Macro mode turnedd on.

Again thanks for the complements, but any tips would be great too, I am entering a photo contest and so i am trying to get some GREAT shots as the grand prize is a CANON 10D!!

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Attachments

• bee.jpg
    bee.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 2,081
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I am so bummed right now. :cry:
My home PC is hosed. I ended up restoring the hd, uninstalled all my software. Now I can't find my photoshop cd-rom!!! :x

I want to swear.

I got some cool shots last night that I want to put up, and I CAN'T!!

Awesome shot, Len. One of mine was a feeding bumblebee too.
HD

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hiddendragonet":1gz5bffi said:
Man, I am so bummed right now. :cry:
My home PC is hosed. I ended up restoring the hd, uninstalled all my software. Now I can't find my photoshop cd-rom!!! :x

I want to swear.

I got some cool shots last night that I want to put up, and I CAN'T!!

Awesome shot, Len. One of mine was a feeding bumblebee too.
HD

Full version of PS or PS Elements? If it's Elements, let me know if you can't find it...I'll burn you a copy of mine and send it along your way. I lost my HD last week and it sucked up about a third of my photography with it. :cry:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, good question, John. I was just getting accustomed to it, so honestly I'm not sure- I'm a NEWbie. It's whatever came with my Nikon camera- Adobe Photoshop is all I know.

I know it wasn't the professional version, so if that means it was Elements, then that's what I had.

That would be AWESOME if you'd send me a copy! I would really appreciate that. PM me with details, and if there's anything you would like in return.

HD

TrevorRobertson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all I hate to sound like grandma here but please make sure that you are only lending the CD and NOT the install CD. There are many people me included that make there living selling and creating software. I know that you own it already but that still does not give you the wright to use someone elses license code.
That is all that I will say I don't want to start a moral argument or anything like that.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TrevorRobertson":3w3i0dn5 said:
hey all I hate to sound like grandma here but please make sure that you are only lending the CD and NOT the install CD. There are many people me included that make there living selling and creating software. I know that you own it already but that still does not give you the wright to use someone elses license code.
That is all that I will say I don't want to start a moral argument or anything like that.

Show me some more pics, and I'll agree. ;)

TrevorRobertson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well here is something that I have never seen before...a spider eating a bee!

I saw it later hiding under one of the flowers waiting for it's next meal :twisted:

spider.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working hard at my astrophotograhy. This was tonights pic of the moon.

Regards, Eric

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shot, Eric! Exposure looks about perfect, and the focus is getting pretty close.

Need to visit the moon tonight to warm up for my Mars session.

*resisting urge to get back into astrophotos*

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brian, that last pic and this one were shot with the camera on full manual in the close-up mode. The LCD screen on my Nikon is pretty small, so focusing is rough. I've started bracketing my focus, which seems to be helping. My cam does have a video out port, and next I'm going to try hooking it up to a 9" monochrome security monitor for focusing purposes.

Regards, Eric

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hiddendragonet":19tlbbe3 said:
Hmm, good question, John. I was just getting accustomed to it, so honestly I'm not sure- I'm a NEWbie. It's whatever came with my Nikon camera- Adobe Photoshop is all I know.

I know it wasn't the professional version, so if that means it was Elements, then that's what I had.

That would be AWESOME if you'd send me a copy! I would really appreciate that. PM me with details, and if there's anything you would like in return.

HD

If it came with your camera, I kinda doubt it's PhotoShop 7.0. That's a $700 piece of software. ;-)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TrevorRobertson":ljx9ehpt said:
Oh I agree with you, that's why I was offering...I figure if he's already got and paid for the software, as did I, it's not like Adobe is getting ripped off. What would be a rip-off is having to go out and re-buy software you already own a license to.

mkirda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the Coron net-collector's children. He just wouldn't stand still...

Hand held, ambient light, ISO400 slide film...

Attachments

• kid.jpg
    kid.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,008

Reef_Monkey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics everyone...Len that picture you took before the storm is amazing!!
Well done 8)

~Ed A.K.A puffer pincher

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hanging around outside last night waiting for the clouds to clear off for a telescope session. This was the most interesting sky. This pic has not been photoshopped, just resized.

Regards, Eric

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another from the same night. I played around with the exposure until I got enough light from Mars, and made the moon look like Saturn using the lens flare. :D

Regards, Eric

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: