Status
Not open for further replies.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
What would the nano size be rated to?

I have room for a 4.5" footprint and 24" height as well under my 65g. Just to provide some sizing statistics for you guys..

Awesome product! If it works well this could be a game changer for a lot of people!!! Definitely need to work on that price though. Hope the new manufacturing process will help!!

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this in action at the Frag Swap, amazing piece.

Thank you very much! We believe the proof of our systems ability is not only in the finely machined workmanship but also in its results.

The beautiful 240 reef under the care of Prattreef has been using ARIID technology as it's main source of filtration and nutrient export since the tank was established in 2006!

Last edited:

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans for DIY kits to keep price down for the reefers on a budget?

Sorry DIY kit wouldn't be possible due to the lighting system design. We are working on bringing the cost down by simplifying the production of the lighting system. At the moment this is being turned on a lathe out of solid bars of 6061 aluminum and is very time consuming. When we have more orders we will be able to buy materials in larger quantities to offset our shipping costs. This savings will be passed directly to our customers.

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had such positive feedback from everyone and such a warm welcome we would like to pass it on to MR members We are offering the ARIID reactor that was shown at the Frag Swap for $500!!!

-same reactor that is shown in post #2

Last edited by a moderator:

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Would you like to see it with a modular removable surface skimmer box?

I think right now try and stick with basics...your hurdle right now is not functionality but pricing. Until you can get models between $2-300 its going to be very niche. Don't try and do too much at once IMO.

The HOT idea is good but maybe you could add a bracket like the TLF models so it could be hung without much modification and then you could focus on sizing (nano, mid, standard) and work on getting that price down.

I think the concept is great and look forward when I can pick one of these up and not think about how to mod a $35 reactor to do something similar. $700 is just a lot to invest in order to grow chaeto....

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the product think its awesome if it was in the 300s It would have been my Xmas present this year !!
I'm not saying its priced wrong or putting it down quite the opposite I wish I could afford it!!

Thank you all for the constructive critique. We are going back to the drawing board and reworking the design to target a retail price point in the mid $300's

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damn Matt why couldn't you say in the 100's range lol. Love this idea though

Zig

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i think right now try and stick with basics...your hurdle right now is not functionality but pricing. Until you can get models between $2-300 its going to be very niche. Don't try and do too much at once imo.

The hot idea is good but maybe you could add a bracket like the tlf models so it could be hung without much modification and then you could focus on sizing (nano, mid, standard) and work on getting that price down.

I think the concept is great and look forward when i can pick one of these up and not think about how to mod a $35 reactor to do something similar. $700 is just a lot to invest in order to grow chaeto....

+1

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the months of February and March we will be releasing two new versions of our reactor that will be able to fit under most stands and be much easier on the bank account.

PB Version - $349.99 All the same technology as our current reactor, however it will have a low rise heatsink.
Enhanced - $549.99 - Very similar to the the current available version only it will feature a Heat Pipe and custom heat sink to keep the LED array nice and chilly. It features high output LEDs and is composed of thick Cast Acrylic parts.

Both units have a 18" Main Body and stand 22-24" Tall (Still working out the final specs) - Customs sizes are available to fir your reefing needs.

Valved push fit fittings are optional on both reactors for an additional fee.

Both reactors are rated for 150 gallons. Heavily stocked tanks up to 120 gallons. For larger systems we recommend using multiple units plumbed in parallel.

Pictures coming soon.

We are also working on a HOT version for the nano reefer! Release date TBA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: