• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I haven't had a tank at home in well over 2 years, but I'm setting one up. My last home tank was 2 gallons, and this one will be even smaller. The GF has alloted a small space on her desk area for relaxation and entertainment, so I thought my skills could come in handy...

Attachments

• st-70308-black.jpg
    st-70308-black.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,647
A

Anonymous

Ah, I remember you mentioning those a while back. I'm guessing you won't have difficulties finding food for them, given your job...

A

Anonymous

The Escaped Ape":3l4hpck8 said:
Ah, I remember you mentioning those a while back. I'm guessing you won't have difficulties finding food for them, given your job...

Shouldn't be a problem. We do have a system with a boatload of Asterinas, and these guys won't need much. They are probably about the size of a large Asterina star from tip to tip.

Anyhow, they just arrived, so I'm busy watching them right now. Yee-ha!

A

Anonymous

Looking forward to some picts *pants like an eager but annoyingly ever-present pooch*

A

Anonymous

The Escaped Ape":3asmxgst said:
Looking forward to some picts *pants like an eager but annoyingly ever-present pooch*

Photo credit Charles Delbeek

Attachments

• Phyllognathia-resized.jpg
    Phyllognathia-resized.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 2,355
A

Anonymous

The thing that looks like a white bristleworm is the arm of a micro brittle star. They consume the whole thing.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I thought that tidbit was interesting in the article you linked to previously - that they consume brittle stars, which look to be too fast moving for Harlequin Shrimps.

BTW, I meant pictures of your pair. :P

A

Anonymous

Woohoo! Tank, heater, tiny Azoo powerhead arrived today. I'm not happy with the PC light I ordered, so I'm going with a set of LEDs instead. Testing for temperature...

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,287

Dopp

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a really cool shrimp, i like the markings on it, congratz on gettin one they seem really rare

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the Kydex cut last night. You'd think making a simple rectangle with a hole in it would only take a few minutes, but it took me around 3 hours...

Attachments

• pico.jpg
    pico.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,220
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running the wires (and likely an airline) through the back of the tank...I hate ugly floppy wires all over so I drilled holes through the top and bottom frame and ran them through a cord organizer.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,166
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very neat Matt, but then, I'd expect that from you. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The startings of the light fixture...

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,072
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much for the gooseneck light fixture. I'm going to build something that rests on the top instead.

Here's the glass cover I made the last two days. It's a square of window glass with a corner chopped off, and rigid airline tubing siliconed on to create a lip inside . This prevents water that condenses on the lid from running out to the edge of the tank and forming salt creep.

I then siliconed the glass to the wooden frame to make it one piece. All work was done with Dow Corning #795 black silicone.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,885
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,891
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 1,891

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: