• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

who are the judges?

who are the contestants that are still in the running?

Can we get a list?

Wooopie!

I love contests~!

can you feel the excitement?

:lol:

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm super-excited to see the final growth in all of the systems. One can really get a feeling for the consistency in practice and husbandry by looking for forms of calcification and new tissue growth across the system...I thought the contest was given ideal time to consider the long-term stabilizers in a new reef system, so this should be a match of prime reef systems! Len and Matt w get back to us soon regarding some of the specifics of the closure, this prevents bribing of the judges like that bad olympics snafu :)
B

Sugar Magnolia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
knucklehead":3ctl8b7i said:
who are the judges?

who are the contestants that are still in the running?

Can we get a list?

Wooopie!

I love contests~!

can you feel the excitement?

:lol:
Exactly why I logged in. I hadn't been here for a couple of weeks and was wondering about the finalists. Very exciting. I know who my favorties are. ;)

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll compile a list shortly after the first of the next year. The judging panel is still TBD. I know this isn't much of an answer :P but we should have things squared away shortly after the holiday season.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with knuckle on this.

I know some had to drop out for certain reasons like Lawdawg, but I'm curious if her's and the others are still up and running.

Come on peeps, put the knuck out of his missiouri :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shalegac":3k40dxad said:
knucklehead":3k40dxad said:
My favorite hasn't posted since near the beginning....

:cry:

Would I be correct in assuming Foosinho? Because that tank had some real neat things going on.

I don't even remember the name

The outside of the tank was covered with wood with a oval viewing hole in the front and sides though....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it too early to start thinking about direction for the 2006 Buildoff? This one was too fun not to have it become an annual event.

Anyone have any ideas? Bigger? Smaller? More standard? More open?

smontanus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote for a 2gal max size. It might be cool to see what people could do with a really small volume. Like Matt's brandy glass, thats cool. Plus, thanks to going a bit overboard on this last one I'm close to broke.

however...I think we should resolve the 2005 contest first.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the Knuck as the winner!!!!

I sure hope there's another build off <insert salavating piggy emoticon here> I'm just getting started on a new project and although I could document it anyway, a contest is just more fun.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoo HOOOOO!

I am a WINNER!

Thank you Thank you.

I would like to thank all the little people who made this trophy possible...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 gallons max. Hmmmm I'll admit, that's a challenge!

Can ya hear the gears turning?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: