• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its Lima sp. which maybe a file clam...could have sworn it was a scallop

Logic_Bomb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":14h29qfs said:
its Lima sp. which maybe a file clam...could have sworn it was a scallop

Whatever it is, it started a range war with my featherduster. I'm gonna have to move the feather to the other side of the tank :p

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont think either have any way of damaging the other...Unless the scallop propels itself into the feather duster repeatedly :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still... it soulds funny... range war between a worm & a clam... LOL :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its an issue of the "clam" closing frequently and subsequently startling the feather duster? after all both have a way of measuring the change in light..in fact, that scallop has "eyes" on the tips of its "tentacles" (for a lack of a better word)

Logic_Bomb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":lm43snnw said:
I think its an issue of the "clam" closing frequently and subsequently startling the feather duster? after all both have a way of measuring the change in light..in fact, that scallop has "eyes" on the tips of its "tentacles" (for a lack of a better word)

That is pretty much it. The scallop kept 'swimming' into the fan, scaring it. I have since seperated them. Of course, no there is speculation on weather or not the duster is deviding :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you place the Clam in a short cave it will stop swimming around and you can see the "electricity" better.

They hate the light.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: