• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
low flow in the tank and nothing else kept with them...no aggressive feeders, such as clowns, damsels, etc.

Logic_Bomb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":2eyd2p8t said:
low flow in the tank and nothing else kept with them...no aggressive feeders, such as clowns, damsels, etc.

That's what I was planning. Only flow in the tank is the stock powerhead that came with the JBJ. I was thinking a couple of gobies or pigmies as far as fish are concerned.

skipm

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pygmies wouldn't be a good choice with seahorses, the only tankmates you put in with them should not compete with them at all for food or they won't get enough to eat unless you serious overfeed the tank and that would make other problems.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree..No Centropyge sp.... too aggressive as feeders...Maybe a pipefish or a small goby(like a neon) or Trimma sp.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones and horses won't mix--they'll get stung. Otherwise sounds like a plan to me. Get a smaller species of seahorse.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt Wandell":fxo222xj said:
Anemones and horses won't mix--they'll get stung
Good call, i totally missed the anemone part...

Logic_Bomb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":7hjz4p09 said:
Matt Wandell":7hjz4p09 said:
Anemones and horses won't mix--they'll get stung
Good call, i totally missed the anemone part...

Good point, I'll probably just stick to softies then. And thanks, I love the sand too!

My next aquisition should electrify my tank somewhat ;)

I have a LFS that gets shipments of Electric Scallops this time of year :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to keep dashing your hopes, but that too is a bad idea...Flame scallops have a short life in the home aquarium..Why LFS and Pet chains sell them is beyond me (almighty buck is my best guess)...Flame scallops need alot of food, which means frequent target feedings..They just up and die one day..Alot this has to do with people not knowing enough about their nature...I would recommend not getting a flame scallop...

sorry :(

Logic_Bomb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":riqthbdl said:
Hate to keep dashing your hopes, but that too is a bad idea...Flame scallops have a short life in the home aquarium..Why LFS and Pet chains sell them is beyond me (almighty buck is my best guess)...Flame scallops need alot of food, which means frequent target feedings..They just up and die one day..Alot this has to do with people not knowing enough about their nature...I would recommend not getting a flame scallop...

sorry :(

I've been told such, which is why I will experiment with one in my main tank first. If I can get the hang of it, I'll move one into the nano 8)

Edit: as an aside, I feed live phitoplankton in the main tank right now

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its gonna require direct feedings, not just in the water column btw if you want it to live longer..

Sugar Magnolia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks really good so far. I like that sand!

And ya...what LN said about the flame scallop. Very short lived in home aquaria. Even direct feeding with DT's won't provide it with the nutrients it needds.

Logic_Bomb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":32pdr78t said:
Its gonna require direct feedings, not just in the water column btw if you want it to live longer..

Hmmm. Direct feedings might actually be easier in the 12 g. I might see what the LFS has to say about it. There are a couple of real entheusiests that work there.

Logic_Bomb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lobo42a":1cqd42un said:
Your tank looks really nice ,good luck

Thanks! It is a far cry from done, and I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of swapping between it and my 55g, but I think I'll have something nice in the end 8)

yoshiod9

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when your flame scallop dies, would you be willing to ship me the shell? i prefer mounting frags to oyster/scallop shells. lmk, thanks.

Logic_Bomb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yoshiod9":1nyq5nnz said:
when your flame scallop dies, would you be willing to ship me the shell? i prefer mounting frags to oyster/scallop shells. lmk, thanks.

Mind you, it is an electric scallop, not a flame scallop

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still in the genus Limadae btw..actually it is a flame scallop, electric flame scallop

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: