• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

...I've added some fish to the "Nano Reef Fish" sticky at the top off the forum. I know it's slow going, but once done it should be a good little resource. If you have any fish you'd like me to include, or hosted pictures that I can use, please let me know. Thanks!

Matt

A

Anonymous

You must add the clown gobies.

I love mine, he looks just like a little swiming cheto. He is very peaceful.
I didn't post the clown gobi specifics there because I didn't want to just throw my 2 cents into the sticky.

A

Anonymous

I'll get to it, promise. ;)

I like to do the hardest work last, so the goby family will probably be the last one added. It's gonna be huge!

A

Anonymous

Cool.

I so love my Nano. Wish I had more to add, but my experience is with just a few fish, and a few corals. :D

Will there be a sticky for nano inverts as well?

rabagley

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about watchman gobies? That's another mutualism relationship (in addition to the ubiquitous clownfish/anemone relationship) that works very nicely in a peaceful tank.

Can't get much more peaceful than a nano in most cases...

Regards,
Ross

mogurnda

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't forget greenbanded gobies. Small, available CB, and beautiful. Here's mine:
goby_2460sm.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that really is a sweet looking fish. Nice photo skills Mogurnda!

This is what I mean, there are so many gobies out there...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of Gobies....

Still waiting.

If you need help with this stuff, I'd be willing to work on some basic layperson research for you to get this moving. Just let me know the layout and format you would want information sent too you. I do not have a digital camera though, So I can't get pictures for you.

invert

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dunno if u planed to add this but in the gramma section u missed the black capped gramma. nice looking fish but is a bit mean sometimes

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably do a separate gramma section, including the black capped basslet.

Thanks...

In about two years this will get done. :)

Alf,
If you'd like to just come up with common names and scientific names with fish you think I should add just PM them to me. The only criteria is that they're reefsafe, small enough to fit in AND DO WELL in a 20 gallon (I'm not putting mandarins in!)
It would be a great help. Don't worry about pics.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
invert, you were right, I forgot I already lumped in the gramma with the basslets. I went ahead and added the blackcap.

Regarding the inverts list... after thinking about it a bit, there isn't really a good reason to make a list. Listing corals and clams would be silly--you can basically keep anything that you can in a larger tank, with the exception maybe of corals that need heavy feedings. You can also basically keep all of the available shrimp in tanks as small as 10 gallons, as well as all the serpent and brittle stars. The only thing you CAN'T or SHOULDN'T keep, IMO, are any sea cucumbers, starfish, sea urchins (basically all the echinoderms save the ophiourids) or other animals that need large surfaces to graze food from or need large amounts of planktonic type food. This pretty much includes all the starfish, urchins, and sea cucumbers. Another no-no in my opinion is host sea anemones in small tanks, but I think most host sea anemones shouldn't even be attempted even in large tanks so my opinion is a bit skewed ;) Otherwise anything that works in a large tank should be fine in a small one...as long as you have a future home for stuff that will eventually outgrow the tank, like a Tridacna clam or something.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, Gobies are coming along rather slowly. I recently moved and can't find my box with my books. I haven't forgotten that I agreed to do this. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries my man. I went a little bizarro on it last week but there's still a long ways to go.

kris_willard

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a couple of pictures you can use for the Bengaii Cardinal. He is in my 5.5gal. I will try to get a better shot of him with my new camera that is a little more close up.

Attachments

• bengaii 2.jpg
    bengaii 2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5,636
  • bengaii card.jpg
    bengaii card.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 5,637

kris_willard

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here you go fired off a couple more much better:

Attachments

• card1small.jpg
    card1small.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 5,618
  • card2small.jpg
    card2small.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 5,622
  • card3small.jpg
    card3small.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 5,621

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt,
I know you don't devote your life to this thread, but I looking for a little bit more information about gobies for nano's. Specifically a green clown goby. Any and as much info you have on them would be excellent.

TIA

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: