• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Dong - I recommend one last time considering the cheaper ebay model. One poster got it and said the TDS were as low as any numbers he's seen from other units. Also, the 70$ one on ebay comes with all the attachments that you need for a basic setup.

I bought an RO unit with a new 75 gallon tank, but I ended up selling the tank before setting it up (moving in 15 months and didn't want the dissassebly nightmare).

I used to buy Distilled from Walmart. The RO unit, however, saves me from having to run to the store every time I want 2 gallons of water.

I find that water changes in a nano are the easiest way to get everything hopping. If I change 2 gallons every 3 days or so, I can see new white growth on the turbo shells, and the corraline takes off.

Finally, given your initial enthusiasm, you WILL want a bigger tank!!

So, my long winded 2 cents - get the RO unit.
Also, put an A/C in the room and save the money on a chiller and you'll be cool as well as the tank. I put in a $100 Home Depot unit and it keeps the room at 70. The tank stays whereever I set the thermostat.

Good luck, and if you buy that RO unit from ebay, I want an update! ;)

DongShenYin

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried Googling these RO units but I didn't have any luck. Does anyone know anything about them? I don't like to buy things blindly. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP are you an e-bay powerseller? :wink: pushing the e-bay specials :lol:

DongShenYin

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I'll be picking up a unit with my next influx of cash. Good thing I'm not even close to setting up the tank yet. I was thinking of getting one with a faucet attachment. Is it true that the more gallons the RO unilt produces a day, the less wastewater it rejects? I hate the idea of wasting water, especially when I'm paying for it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: