• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

MVC-855S.jpg

MVC-856S.jpg

MVC-857S.jpg

MVC-858S.jpg

MVC-859S.jpg

MVC-860S.jpg

MVC-861S.jpg

MVC-862S.jpg

MVC-863S.jpg

MVC-864S.jpg

MVC-865S.jpg

MVC-866S.jpg

MVC-867S.jpg

MVC-868S.jpg

MVC-869S.jpg

MVC-870S.jpg

MVC-871S.jpg

MVC-872S.jpg

MVC-873S.jpg

A

Anonymous

Man, your tank is crammed with stuff! Looks like a lot of nice nano frags. Now post specs...

A

Anonymous

not many specs to post, hehe

it's a 10 gal w/4 pl 9w flouros that will be soon upgraded to a 70 watt de halide

water changes of about 25-30% every 3-4 days w/ natural (filtered w/carbon, uv, and micron filter) sea water-kept at 77-78°

1 small powerhead in each back corner, pointing towards each other along the back of the tank towards the middle

a pinch of flake every 3-4 days

2 gobiodon gobies and a yellow watchman

and a bunch of fragz :wink:

A

Anonymous

Matt_Wandell":21h6t0zr said:
Cool!

Where'd you get the Goniopora frag vitz?

it was a fallen bud in one of our greenhouse tubs(sometimes we'll get gonis in that are budding)-it's grown since i've 'acquired' it - almost doubled in size :D

Fozza

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez, that tank is really disgusting. Its probably the worst tank I've ever seen in my life!

How the hell can you post such a thing on a forum, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

Now box up all those corals and send them to me :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, you got more stuff in there than I have in me 75 :D

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAn up...put 2 250 de's on there and add a chiller :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did some light rescaping :wink:

2-3 more fragz (mebbe 10 :P ) and it'll be done

coralline is starting to take off, and some more paragobiodon gobies have been added-when i manage to catch 'em out and about, i'll post pics :)

MVC-061S.jpg

MVC-062S.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PARAGobiodon? I thought those were difficult to find...do you know the species? I wanna see!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/Species ... fm?ID=7219

i have at least 2 of those, and two that are larger, and slightly more laterally compressed and higher at the dorsal,w/different colors

what's really kewl about 'em is that they have a 'beard'-the scales from the gill plates to the chin are raised on edge(or so it appears)-the fish seems to be able to use it as a 'hugging' tool against current when perching on an sps (they're all over my stylo fragz, but don't seem to be irritating it at all, at least not yet)

they are smaller by far than the regular clown gobies, and can swim amazingly quickly

they come in as hitchhikers from fiji and the solomons-usually tucked into a seri, or poci, btw

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get your frags from vitz? friends, your own tank, lfs, online...Curiosity..I cant find frags really easy unless i go to the LFS and it isnt a great selection alot of the time...Online has been my biggest supplier, but you risk dying during shipping..

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dammit..I knew it... :cry: Your tank looks good though..very impressive :D

bink0404

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great!

I was wondering if you know what type of coral is in the picture just below the macro pic of the goniporia. I have a few tiny ones that came as hitchhikers on my LR and I haven't been able to find anything about them. Any help would be appreciated.

bink0404

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the blastomussa is what I was looking at. I have done some research into them and figured out what I was looking for.

Thanks for posting this, I have been looking forever. My search has finally come to an end.

iphy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome. I have a question for all of you nano-keepers. A lot of these tanks have things in them that have the potential to grow like crazy. Button polyps, star polyps, shrooms, clams :D, not to mention the corals. Some stuff can be easily pruned or fragged as it gets large, I know. Is that generally the plan for how to deal with it, or do you plan to cycle things out of the nano into a larger reef as they get big and add new things to the nano?

Just curious....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: