• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brandon429":1ac9vf25 said:
Vitz, that is becoming tank of the month material
Great job

B

thx brandon :)
heh i'm hopin it'll be in a year or so :wink:

iphy wrote:

Tank looks awesome. I have a question for all of you nano-keepers. A lot of these tanks have things in them that have the potential to grow like crazy. Button polyps, star polyps, shrooms, clams , not to mention the corals. Some stuff can be easily pruned or fragged as it gets large, I know. Is that generally the plan for how to deal with it, or do you plan to cycle things out of the nano into a larger reef as they get big and add new things to the nano?

Just curious....

the 10 started out as a 4 :wink: :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okie,

moved some stuff around, cleaned the glass-here's the (more or less) final configuration (sorry for the pic quality)

i'll take another shot when everything is back open up fully :)

Attachments

• nanostitched122304.jpg
    nanostitched122304.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 525
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, who knew you were so good at reefing?

It looks excellent!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx :)

i managed to finally get some goby pics :)

they exhibit what i'm sure is pair bonding behavior, and it gets quite rough at times-they both undergo a nice color change-with all the fins turning dark purple, against a lighter pink/orange body color, as they approach each other from opposite sides of a group of seri frags.they then circle each other closely, getting to laying side by side, head to head, inside the frag cluster, and that's when they seem to start nipping and break apart, staying w/in eye contact of each other for hours

there's another 'group' of gobies in the tank that are 1/2 the size of the smaller (male?) of the pair, w/a a jet navy/black body and a reddish orange head, prob'ly 1/2" TL maximum :)

watching these guys grab pods off the lr is hilarious-they go all out, looking like a pit bull, hehe :)

stomatellas have spawned repeatedly, and coralline is starting to grow on the heater tube

Attachments

• nanoparagobypair1224.jpg
    nanoparagobypair1224.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 511
  • nanoparagobypair1224a.jpg
    nanoparagobypair1224a.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 509
  • nanoparagobypair1224b.jpg
    nanoparagobypair1224b.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 507

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: