• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I know of three of us that have this Pico sized type reef enviroment..Me, Brandon429, and Ricky1414 who else is out there?? Pix are more than welcomed :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id agree with a 2.5 being a pico..you wont do it Hwarang, chicken...Big wimp...come on sucka.. :D

impur

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pico. It now has a much nicer top. Also a flatworm outbreak :(

P6080107.jpg

P6080106.jpg

Inhabitants:

1 emerald crab
2 blue legged hermits
1 astrea snail
1 cerith snail
1 green zoo
small GSP frag
macro in filter

impur

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehe, its because i found that zoo laying on the sand in my 10 gal nano and thought, hey this would be a nice start to a new colony in a pico!!! I also had 1 polyp of a xenia in there, but haven't seen it in a few weeks. I imagine if its not stuffed under a rock it will popup eventually. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice..its the same color as me and Ricky's sweet! I dont care much for the seran wrap top..im in the process of making a plexiglass top :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I REALLY wanna make a pico to simulate A tidepool. The trick would be cooling, and getting the right critters (usually not sold for aquaria)

a crab, some barnicles, maybe an anemone. All for the NW.

I think that would be really cool.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the cooling part is easy..itll stay at room temp if anything...mine stays at room temp..im more worried about the flucations in SG/Salinity then anything else..check out the May issue of Coral if you can...that has some really interesting articles that would fuel your desire for this..It did mine :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of a puget sound tidepool. I would need to keep it around 60 degrees I think.

I know most of the system I could come out cheap on, but cooling..?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an iceprobe chiller implemented in the "nano" filter that comes with the Art Deco setup...that might do it :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":if98khx3 said:
an iceprobe chiller implemented in the "nano" filter that comes with the Art Deco setup...that might do it :D

I had no Idea, I will have to look this up

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DOOD, i just noticed you have 500+ posts in a month...Holy crap Seamaiden has competition... :wink: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know...Seamaiden has nearly 10 G's and has only been on this board about 2.5 years..thats a lot! I hardly ever go to the sump...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: