• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Too much in politics..im hear to help others and educate my self..just my personal thing...95% (if not more) of my posts have been Reef related...

A

Anonymous

I got sucked in mostly because I cannot resist debate. Obviously my real motive for coming to this forum was to make sure I did not kill everything in my little tank, and to learn about marine aquaria. So far that has worked out quite well.

birdman204

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 " x 6" x 8" that I built myself. I run it on the porch, natural sunlight, a HOB mini from redsea, and a 25W heater.... 1 small patch of zoanthids, 2 mangroves, some snails, and that's about it, I like the simplicity.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey birdman, I believe I have seen pics of your setups on other sites-- really glad to have you here to contribute to our forum as well. Throw us some pics when you can, especially of any other sw systems you may have. I really hope reefs dot org becomes a valuable site for general nano-specific feedback (with the hit rates of N-R.com and RC's Nano FM) but an added dream focus of mine for this forum is on the growth of this new reefkeeping sect of pico reefs and very small reef setups :) The recent influx of red sea vase designs over the last 4 months is doing exactly that for us... took a while to convince people pico reefs were valid eh? Now were off! Hope to see your outside pico very soon.

brandon429

birdman204

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gladly. It is pretty shaggy looking. I can only look down from above. Sitting in the sun since december can really get the coralline and other algae to cover the glass :D
I like it mostly for the mangroves.
I tried putting hermits in, but they would climb up my silicone corners and get out.... luckily, we had it inside the kitchen window in the winter and I found him/her on the counter Twice, and threw 'em back into the big tank.
I will post some other photos from home when I get the chance.
Thanks for the hellooooo :)

invert

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive also got a pico must get round to posting. its 11x4x4 inches i think that works out at 0.75gal. brandon i would say that reefs dot org is the best place for pico info on the net. I keep hearing about this coral mag full of picos but i cant get it in the uk so pics would be sweet or mabye some info from the articals.

:)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant get it in the UK..try Koralle then, thats the big sister mag

just dave

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a few. Here's one.

Attachments

• aqua vase.jpg
    aqua vase.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,111
  • aqua vase 2.jpg
    aqua vase 2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,112

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet pico just_dave. I believe I saw these pictures before on nano-reefs or RC, I can't remember. Very nice. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":29ecyxa3 said:
I know...Seamaiden has nearly 10 G's and has only been on this board about 2.5 years..thats a lot! I hardly ever go to the sump...

Check profiles...FuzzButt and Njord have her beat in posts per day. I think they're 1 2 3.

Wheeldog63

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DOH, I wish ya'll woulda caught me about 2-3 months ago. I had to tear down my 2 picos, the first was one of those little aqua vases, an the otehr was a 3 part beta box thing, if ya got to a major store ya'll see them. I had to tear them down due space issues(I know, I know, yet somehow I still manage to have my 180,18,2*2.5 and 2*5 tanks :lol: I should be setting them back up sometime soon, I just set up a small reptile tank, and see a little room next to it on the desk :twisted: If I find any pics I will post them, but I think I lost them all in the computer meltdown of eirler this year.

~Kelly

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful dave!

Wish I had a good LFS for zoos

BTW, what is with the celephane on the tanks earlier in this trehad?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.

so a fiew pieces of nicely seeled, stained and and verithaned plywood would work just as well?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I thought you were talking about a different picture. I thought you were asking why ppl had saran wrap rubberbanded around the top of their art deco red sea aquariums. It's to reduce evap but allow light thru.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_W":3pscoey1 said:
Check profiles...FuzzButt and Njord have her beat in posts per day. I think they're 1 2 3.
I think you mean Fishaholic not Njord...

i didnt care much for the saran wrap...i used Duraplex (kinda like plexiglass but thinner)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: