• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Here's some pictures of my ~2 month old nano. Pretty barebones right now. I haven't decided on fish yet. I'm thinking a pearly jawfish, maybe and orchid dottyback and the LFS has a pair of pink skunk clowns that I've been considering.

Current inhabitants:
Emerald Mithrax Crab
Cleaner shrimp
Orange ricordia
Purple Ricordia
Blue Mushrooms
Green Striped Mushrooms
Pink Center Zoos
Button polyps
7 Astrea snails
2 Tiger Trocus Grazers
2 Nerite snails
3 Scarlet hermits
6 Blue Leg hermits

Specs:
18g Via Aqua
2 x 36w PC stock lights (1-Coralife Actinic, 1-Stock 7100K, soon to be replaced w/ 10K Coralife bulb.)
Remora w/ MJ1200 and overflow box
100w Ebo Jager
MJ1200 for circulation
Fishbowl Innovations LED moonlight

Attachments

• p8290049.jpg
    p8290049.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 4,687
A

Anonymous

Tank and stand

Attachments

• p8290024.jpg
    p8290024.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 4,682
A

Anonymous

Orange rics. Looks like someone took a cutting from the big one and glued it to the back of the rock. Both pieces are doing well though.

Attachments

• p8290010.jpg
    p8290010.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 4,674
A

Anonymous

Pink center zoos. Bought these to make sure zoos could survive in the tank, so I can buy some nicer ones in the future. Seem to be doing well.

Attachments

• p8290047.jpg
    p8290047.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 4,663
A

Anonymous

Purple rics w/ green mouths. This is my favorite piece right now. The "rock" is a scallop or clam. You can kind of see the mouth going from lower left to upper right with a black with white speckled mantle. Blue mushroom and orange rics in the background

Attachments

• p8290046.jpg
    p8290046.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 4,659
A

Anonymous

Cleaner shrimp with my brown button polyps, purple mushroom and astrea snail in the background.

Attachments

• p8290006.jpg
    p8290006.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 4,649
A

Anonymous

Green striped mushrooms with scarlet hermit in background.

Attachments

• p8290008.jpg
    p8290008.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 4,644
A

Anonymous

My first inhabitant for a week, before my LR arrived. :lol:

Attachments

• dsc00531.jpg
    dsc00531.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 4,636
A

Anonymous

Emerald crab. Anyone know what the red bumps growing on his legs are? They have developed over the past couple weeks and weren't there when I bought him. Coralline algae? I like it as long as it's not killing him.

Attachments

• p8290044.jpg
    p8290044.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 4,624
A

Anonymous

In the moonlight, before any livestock.

Attachments

• dsc00538.jpg
    dsc00538.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 4,622
A

Anonymous

Lookin nice! That's a sweet little stand, was it made as a tank stand? Start fillin' that sucker up with corals!

Oh yeah, btw, you can attach 3 images per post if you like.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Matt. The stand was for a 30g cube tank that I bought at :oops: PetSmart. Couldn't resist cause I thought it would look really nice. Any advice on corals? Definitely going to add some more colorful zoos. I'm looking at places like aquadesigns, roesmarineworld, and thesea.org for sweet zoos. I really want to add tiny frags and, hopefully, watch them grow out. Also was thinking about a small frogspawn. This guy in Charlotte has a 1" peach frogspawn frag that looks pretty nice. And maybe a small plate on the substrate. I need a "centerpiece" coral to put in that middle center spot... Suggestions???

A

Anonymous

Hmm, I'm a big fan of Sinularia spp. or a nice Sarcophyton or Lobophyta sp. They're all hardy, get big, and have that "big" centerpiece look you're going for. Of course you could make the frogspawn the centerpiece too if it's big enough--it's a cool coral.

You might want to check out frags.org as well, and search for folks near you. It's a very cool site, cheap stuff and you can usually find a reefer near you so you don't have to ship.

My only thoughts are that if you plan to add a plate and frogspawn the light might not be adequate. I really don't have any experience with these corals under PC light (I know they do just fine under MH ;) ), so hopefully someone will chime in. I know investigator1 has some plates under PC in his 10 gallon.

A

Anonymous

Allright "Apex", you've been had. I've been doing some research into your IP address and I figured out who you really are. Folks, we're being duped by a small child posing as an adult.

I've discovered a photo that proves it. Based on the height of the handsome looking kid on the right, I'd say our perp here is 5 or 6 years old at best.

Please, stop taking pictures of your Dad's tank and passing them off as your own, or I will call your principal.

Attachments

• tykeconman.jpg
    tykeconman.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 4,591
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap Matt!!! Where did you find THAT picture? You're lucky mine are collecting dust in Sactown, or I'd have your Nerd Day photo up post haste. :twisted: :D Too funny!!!

Ricky- That's a on-set picture of an very early film project collaboration between Bruce Lee and Ron Howard. Although the film never made it to theatres, they both developed strong movie making skills that can be seen in their later works... :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about ordering a coral pack from thesea.org tomorrow to get some really cool frags into my tank. They have really sweet corals, and most seem to be cultured, so I think it's worth a bit more $ to "save the reef"; plus, they have free shipping right now. The LFS is suppose to be ordering a Yasha goby and Randalls shrimp for me, too. They said the goby should be about $35! Super sweet... Still haven't decided on the shrimp for sure though, because I don't want to ditch my cleaner or hermit or emerald crabs. Another LFS has a "endangered" Sinularia that they prop in their tanks for $35/frag. Been thinking about that too. Don't want to go too fast though...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apex003":17b4cpjq said:
Holy crap Matt!!! Where did you find THAT picture? You're lucky mine are collecting dust in Sactown, or I'd have your Nerd Day photo up post haste. :twisted: :D Too funny!!!

Ricky- That's a on-set picture of an very early film project collaboration between Bruce Lee and Ron Howard. Although the film never made it to theatres, they both developed strong movie making skills that can be seen in their later works... :wink:

ROTFLMAO! :D

Oh, there's more where that came from with Ryan McManus, David Yu, and Corey Fujita too. :D OM in the house!

I think the cleaner and pistol can coexist, but I worry about the crab. A lot of folks consider them not reef safe too.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool that you guys have known each other for years and now are reefkeepers.

Peace,

Chip

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: