• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wilson the volleyball

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanx for all ur help. i am hoping to go to an lfs tomorrow or friday to picku p the tank, heater, sum small stuff. and then hopefully sumtime i will go to another lfs that has everything about 10$ cheaper to get the remaining ph the sand(15lb) and salt(200g 79.99 canadian). then i will wait 2 weeks hopefullt order lighting, then ill wait anopther 2 weeks and order rock, ill set up everything prolly the day i order the rocks. i have to wait 2 weeks cuz thats when i get paid lol. or i might haave to wait to set the tank up after i get my new fw(55g) and i also am going to build a tank i think.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For close to what you're paying for the 2x65w PC you can get a 70w halide retro kit from LampDr on www.nano-reef.com . I'm not sure if you're going to build your own hood (the halide would require it) but it seems everyone always wants to go halide sooner or later. I'm making the jump myself within a week or so.

hth
n.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you want a fully submersible heater...i dont see anything that says thats fully submersible..i perfer fully submersible so thats why i say that...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would avoid the cold air return if you can, but it's probably not the worst thing unless a total gust of sub-arctic air is going to be blasting the tank full on. the reason i saw is because of temporary but drastic swings when the air conditioning kicks on/off.

wilson the volleyball

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ui dont think n e air actually comes out of it though. it just takes air in. so would that b ok. also for when doing water cahgnes, u only do about 10%. if i do 10% on a 15 that 1.5 galllons basically. so do i really need a powerhead and heater to do it, cuz wont it be only like an inch of the bottom of the bucket. also if i do need to can i buy a hang on heater or no

hillbilly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wilson, you know the great thing about having to put your tank together a piece at a time is that it forces you to go slow. Patience is the key to a great reef tank. The only thing that happens in a reef tank fast is something bad!

wilson the volleyball

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i actually like going slow. alosi f my parents are there they wont think im spending a lot of money on it because they only see maybe a 35 dollar bill one place and mayb a 50 at the other. i am going to an lfs next thursday that is going out of business. i am hoping to get some lighting. i was thinking of going with MH if its good price, but a lot of people have been telling me it will overheat. i also really like the size of my tank its not super tall so i am hoping for easier aquascaping mayb lol

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you keep it high enough off the water it wont overheat it...i keep mine about 10in off the water and have had no problems...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: